Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

I know I led us off topic slightly by talking about the real thing, but at least we were discussing 92s. I'm not sure we need 3 consecutive posts all about a specific class 90 🤦‍♂️ sure there's another thread for that!

• Round of applause 1

31 minutes ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

On topic, then, my first DB92 is about to land in the coming weeks, 92042 is the chosen one, weathered and DCC sound fitted. I can't wait to see the mucky-ish Dyson, a mainstay of Team Red's HS1 workings, parked awaiting maintenance slots at Johnson Street alongside the 90s and 66s.

I too have just ordered 92042… but for another purpose 😂

14 minutes ago, cairnsroadworks said:

On test ready for Monday. Not tomorrow. Apologies my mistake. 

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:U66102/2023-07-17/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:U66112/2023-07-17/detailed

Apologies @njee20 for going off topic. Will shut up now 😃

Thanks Andi :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Having just taken delivery of my first and possibly second Dysons, the DB Schenker branded 92042, now sound fitted and weathered just the way I wanted ''Honegger'' to look, I have encountered a bit of an unusual issue. For use of the rear directional pantograph and thank you to @Squirrel Rail for the brilliant job with 92042, it's perfect ..

and also for finding this little nugget of information, to use the other pantograph, its on F27, I am trying to ascertain what the workaround is if one is using a Dynamis (aside from buying a Gaugemaster Advance lol). Ideas on a postcard please ...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnson Street IEMD said:

Having just taken delivery of my first and possibly second Dysons, the DB Schenker branded 92042, now sound fitted and weathered just the way I wanted ''Honegger'' to look, I have encountered a bit of an unusual issue. For use of the rear directional pantograph and thank you to @Squirrel Rail for the brilliant job with 92042, it's perfect ..

and also for finding this little nugget of information, to use the other pantograph, its on F27, I am trying to ascertain what the workaround is if one is using a Dynamis (aside from buying a Gaugemaster Advance lol). Ideas on a postcard please ...

I don't understand why the Dynamis has a problem with the pantographs. One is on F26, the other is on F27. Apparently F17 is "pantograph select", but I haven't worked that one out. As I use mine in third rail territory, I mostly use F8 to override the pantographs and keep them folded. 

As I also have more restricted clearances vertically, I have set CVs 360 and 368 to a higher value of 45 (default is 25, I think). This actually lowers the maximum height the pantos will rise to, so if they do accidentally come up when they shouldn't, they still aren't going to hit anything they shouldn't! 😅

I now have four of the things, three with sound. The latest arrival was only last week, with DB Schenker 92 009 'Marco Polo' with sound landing on my doorstep.

20230728_152745.jpg

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On the subject of pantographs, my layout is based on a third rail system (Southern Railway, BR Southern Region, etc.) so by default, I want my 92s to start in DC mode, whereas the base setup assumes AC mode, and requires the user to press F8 to lower the pantographs and assume DC mode. I experimented today with 92 020, reading the settings into the LokProgrammer software, and changing the F8 setting under 'Function Mapping' from 'On' to 'Off'. It now reads 'Not F8' and works 'Shift Mode 1'.

The results of this change could possibly have unpredictable effects on some other functions, so I tested 92 020 and found there don't seem to be any undesirable side effects, that it starts in third rail mode as required, and the pantograph overrides on F26 and F27 both work as before. F8 now raises a pantograph for operation as per AC mode.

I was sufficiently convinced that this has worked exactly as I had hoped, so changed the other two sound-fitted 92s to the same settings. Only the non-sound one hasn't been done yet, and that was because it's at the back of the sheds at present and I wasn't fussed driving everything else out of the way first. 🤣

I have passed this on the the very helpful guys at Accurascale, and hope it helps anyone else who would prefer to start in DC mode by default.

Edited by SRman
Fixing minor typo.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Save me trawling through the thread:

Is there a way to have the running on 3rd rail as default so F8 does not have to pressed each time. If it is an easy CV change that would be great. Or else the Lokprogrammer.

I have seen a video on adjusting the working height of the pantographs 1. CV360 (higher number = lower height) 2. CV368

3 hours ago, zr2498 said:

Save me trawling through the thread:

Is there a way to have the running on 3rd rail as default so F8 does not have to pressed each time. If it is an easy CV change that would be great. Or else the Lokprogrammer.

I have seen a video on adjusting the working height of the pantographs 1. CV360 (higher number = lower height) 2. CV368

Yes, I reversed the way F8 works using a LokProgrammer and its software. In the Function Mapping section, read down the list until you find the entry for F8 then use the drop-down list to change that to "Off" rather than "On".

I used values of around 43 to 45 on my 92's pantographs in CVs 360 and 368 - one of the 92s had pantos that sat at slightly different heights with the same settings, hence the slight variation in values.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi 

Help required please, i have a class 92 sound and I have noticed that the lights don’t come on with F0 but only when i select the individual lights on F22 but they do not hange colours when moving in the opposite direction i.e red always at one end am I missing something?

Is there a CV i need to amend or am I misunderstanding how this works?

thanks in advance

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Deltic Man said:

Hi 

Help required please, i have a class 92 sound and I have noticed that the lights don’t come on with F0 but only when i select the individual lights on F22 but they do not hange colours when moving in the opposite direction i.e red always at one end am I missing something?

Is there a CV i need to amend or am I misunderstanding how this works?

thanks in advance

I can't advise with the CV changes but certainly I would first double check the dip switches if this loco has them (I can't remember if it does). I would then look to reset the decoder back to factory settings (note the sound project should be locked so it would just reset all the CV values back to the state they left the factory in). CV8 = 8 resets it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Goodnight Sweetheart said:

I’m wondering if there will be a second run of the more popular 92 liveries, obviously in new numbers? 

The two tone grey non branded with EWS yellow logos went extremely it appeared. 

European Passenger Services, and SNCF would be nice along with more standard BR lcoos.

Cheers 

Some more mk5 sleepers would be good too, and a 73/9 to go with them.

• Agree 4

If I were to use my mystic Meg powers, or a crystal ball then I would think another batch is in the offing. Obviously the current ones should sell through first, once all gone then a new batch would be announced when a production slot is sorted. 

I would think we could see;

92029 in New DB red (it’s new)

92031 in EWS (they did tell us they had tooled this one)

any of the 3TG w/ EWS stickers (popular and ever present)

GBRf grey 92044 (missing from the last batch and different to 043’s grey)

Another RFD model (popular and lots of choice)

another SNCF model (rails exclusive went quickly)

GBRF 92028 in blue (020&032 been done)

CS 92033 (seen as it’s named, because who doesn’t like a named one).

Or something along these lines. New liveries and current additions for those in the here and now, along with late 90’s models for those in the RFD/ early EWS days and some for the in-between too like me. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, XChris said:

If I were to use my mystic Meg powers, or a crystal ball then I would think another batch is in the offing. Obviously the current ones should sell through first, once all gone then a new batch would be announced when a production slot is sorted. 

I would think we could see;

92029 in New DB red (it’s new)

92031 in EWS (they did tell us they had tooled this one)

any of the 3TG w/ EWS stickers (popular and ever present)

GBRf grey 92044 (missing from the last batch and different to 043’s grey)

Another RFD model (popular and lots of choice)

another SNCF model (rails exclusive went quickly)

GBRF 92028 in blue (020&032 been done)

CS 92033 (seen as it’s named, because who doesn’t like a named one).

Or something along these lines. New liveries and current additions for those in the here and now, along with late 90’s models for those in the RFD/ early EWS days and some for the in-between too like me. 

Rails exclusive one is still available..

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/accurascale-92023-sound-class-92-023-ravel-sncf-grey-electric-locomotive-dcc-sound

tbh ive enough 92’s for now.

• Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone give me a function list for the accurascale class 92 it's fitted with an ESU lokpilot 5 bought from accurascale pre-programmed

I did email accurascale they say that it is the sheet included the loco but that's for the sound-fitted version

All I need is a basic function list for the 92 with a Lokpilot 5

Thanks

Oliver

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Monkey28 said:

Can anyone give me a function list for the accurascale class 92 it's fitted with an ESU lokpilot 5 bought from accurascale pre-programmed

I did email accurascale they say that it is the sheet included the loco but that's for the sound-fitted version

All I need is a basic function list for the 92 with a Lokpilot 5

Thanks

Oliver

The functions are identical on both chips so the sheet covers both. Just on the silent chip the sound functions don’t do anything. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McC said:

The functions are identical on both chips so the sheet covers both. Just on the silent chip the sound functions don’t do anything. 

Thanks

I think I will type something up on the computer for just the non-sound functions 

That will make more sense to me 

22 hours ago, McC said:

Do the breaking functions work?

Here's a list of what I have working 

ACCURASCALE CLASS 92 ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE ESU lokpilot v5 21 pin copy.docx

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 12.22.30.png

Edited by Monkey28
file not showing

• 2 months later...

Well, just ordered by second ACS Class 92, Edie Stobart. I have wanted this since it first came out. 
I am now in the unfortunate position of having more UK locomotives than rolling stock. Will have to fix that eventually.🙂

Edited by wairoa
  • Thanks 1