Class 92, By Accurascale

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

I can confirm we have received a nice few orders for our Class 92 this evening, which is great to see. We’ve put a lot into her, so we’re delighted that it’s being so well received.

Cheers!

Fran

You gentlemen deserve it.

As much as I want to have 4, I cannot afford more than one at the moment. But in future if you'll hopefully do a second run, I will be buying one more.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

As much as I want to have 4, I cannot afford more than one at the moment. But in future if you'll hopefully do a second run, I will be buying one more.

Cheers! As we aren’t a crowdfunder, we will have stock when they arrive for a while, and of course we will do reruns too, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity! Don’t forget our flexible terms too. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Could not agree more. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/05/2019 at 17:42, letterspider said:

Hi I am trying to make my mind up about buying a great 92.

Can your model be blocked from production by DJ Models as has been suggested?

No longer a DJ fanboy I guess ? 

If you look at proven results , I know where I’d put a 92 order if I needed one.

Now , please get this made and move on to a......47 !

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

22 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Now , please get this made and move on to a......47 !

Personally, my money would be on......

Whilst these guys could go a more than superb Class 47 (DCC controlled roofline grilles would be fabulous, for a moving away Duff!!!), I think it will be a Class 47 from Hattons, - they are Hattons Dave's favourite, plus Bachmann's is getting tired and at ridiculous prices.  And on top of that on their website, there is a monster epic of a Class 47 profile.

Class 37 from Accurascale - With the deltic coming, surely the English Electric synergies may have an effect.  Again, same sentiments - Bachmann's is tired by modern standards and ridiculous prices.  

Regards,

C.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 02/05/2019 at 08:29, Accurascale Fran said:

As we aren’t a crowdfunder,

I thought you were....

.:help:

arrrgh don’t shoot me, only kidding.

Ow... :crazy_mini:

ignore that post post about moving on to a 47, he’s mad. A kettle is needed.. L&Y A-Class ;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I saw GBRf 92032 on Saturday bringing out the beds out of Kings Cross and watching it working, I decided to order one which with go nicely with my Class 55.  I’m like a kiddy in a sweetshop at the moment lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Just a couple of queries RE the pantograph (apologies if they've already been discussed)...

Is the pantograph going to have a secondary support arm, or are you going to run a tiny support chain through a hollow lower arm like the real thing?

Also, although DCC controlled, will the pan be sprung so that it can move up and down on OLE? 

Finally, will the pans be available as spare parts?

Thanks,

Dave. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave. 

The pantograph solution will not have an unprototypical extra arm but will rather be a new, patent pending methodology. 

It it will raise and lower on DCC and DC, be height adjustable on DCC and behave sprung  

More details will be forthcoming. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

For opening louvres / vents on a 47, how about a small heating element on a bi-metallic strip?

May need some 'tuning' and would probably not close straight away, but should be very simple, and relatively cheap?

Just an idea.

Al.

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

For opening louvres / vents on a 47, how about a small heating element on a bi-metallic strip?

May need some 'tuning' and would probably not close straight away, but should be very simple, and relatively cheap?

Just an idea.

Al.

For a minute there I thought one of my colleagues went rogue there and announced a 47. You frightened the life out of me for a moment there, Al! :lol:

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fran,

Have purchased a competitor's brand new Class 90 which is a great model but to me badly let down by it's motorized panto which is dreadfully noisy.

Anyway, got your 92 on pre-order and just wanted to know if you are able to confirm if your panto servo will be a lot more refined in it's operation as in near silent or close to that rather than sounding like a bag of chains, don't want to put you on the spot thus understand if you are unable to elaborate too much on this at this stage.

Cheers

Steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, classy52 said:

Hi Fran,

Have purchased a competitor's brand new Class 90 which is a great model but to me badly let down by it's motorized panto which is dreadfully noisy.

Anyway, got your 92 on pre-order and just wanted to know if you are able to confirm if your panto servo will be a lot more refined in it's operation as in near silent or close to that rather than sounding like a bag of chains, don't want to put you on the spot thus understand if you are unable to elaborate too much on this at this stage.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

It's still early days of course but we plan to make the 92 pan as silent as possible. We have a new system we are designing to get rid of the need for any additional arm and it will take some development and testing to make sure it all works as it should. Servo motors by design are noisy but we will make sure ours is as silent as possible. I havent heard the 90 servo in person yet (mine is on the way, don't tell the boss! :lol:) so cant comment (nor would I about a competitors model as I am sure you can understand) atm.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Steve,

It's still early days of course but we plan to make the 92 pan as silent as possible. We have a new system we are designing to get rid of the need for any additional arm and it will take some development and testing to make sure it all works as it should. Servo motors by design are noisy but we will make sure ours is as silent as possible. I havent heard the 90 servo in person yet (mine is on the way, don't tell the boss! :lol:) so cant comment (nor would I about a competitors model as I am sure you can understand) atm.

Cheers!

Fran

Good stuff, thanks mate.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say, Accurascale are bloody classy when the subject of competitors comes up.   Easy to stride in and have a go, but they never do.  I take my hat off to you and feel this attitude bodes well for the models I have on order with you.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

I have to say, Accurascale are bloody classy when the subject of competitors comes up.   Easy to stride in and have a go, but they never do.  I take my hat off to you and feel this attitude bodes well for the models I have on order with you.  Cheers.

Agree, Accurascale have a very mature way of doing things.

Sorry for going off-topic, but this is where I'd like to highlight what I disliked about SLW. When they first came onto the scene with their Class 24, I had gone through their website. I was instantly put off by their talk about how Hornby is over-charging and lowering detail levels. What the owners of SLW very easily forgot that Hornby is a much bigger company that SLW, staff wise Hornby has hundreds whereas SLW probably has less than 20 at the most. Hornby has to pay it's staff which comes from the models they make. Hornby models will always be more expensive. Secondly Hornby's "design-clever" tactic was only in response to customers complaining about prices. "Design-clever" wasn't all that bad and anyway they've now responded by coming stronger than ever.

Similar case for DJM who feels the need to talk about every other company and try to give them advice on everything when he clearly cannot run his own.

So hat's off to you gentlemen at Accurascale, worthy of the term gentlemen and leading by example.

PS: Incase I've gotten some details wrong in my post, feel free to PM to change it, rather than replying to the post here and taking the topic off-course. I was merely stating an example here.

• Agree 1