Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

I've placed an order for two without sound, just DCC Ready. Would it be possible to opt for sound in these at a later time if I wanted to? Thanks.

It sure would! Just email us with the order number and we can do the rest!

Cheers

Fran

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sorabain said:

Those pantos look tasty. Doesn't give the game away on how it actually works but aesthetically great.

Yes they do look tasty...servo operated 'prototypical' panto's is back on the menu boys!!!

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2

On 17/06/2019 at 18:16, ThaneofFife said:

and hopefully then it will be made available as a spares item too...…..

I'd really like to see this as a spare as well.  It would be great to add to some other models I already have.  Fran, could you do it as servo spare and a non-servo spare?  There's loads of us out here who would buy them!

• Agree 1

Class92banner.jpg.17e69ce287ca676d2a2dfda333e4fd8b.jpg

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT 

Limited Edition Class 92 Locomotives.

We are pleased to announce that we are working with Accurascale to bring two exclusive limited edition Class 92 locomotives.

DCC Ready £159.99 / DCC Sound Fitted £249.99

PRE-ORDER NOW WITH A £30.00 DEPOSIT

Class 92 023 'Ravel' SNCF Grey Electric Locomotive

Class 92 015 'Yiwu-London Train' DB Schenker Electric Locomotive 

"The Silk Road Train" The locomotive operated the first China ‘Silk Road’ – UK freight train via HS1 into Barking Freight Terminal in January 2017. The locomotive still operates freights via HS1 and through the Channel Tunnel in this livery today.

Both models are limited edition and exclusive to Rails of Sheffield.

Each model will come with a numbered certificate and a unique box

Produced by Accurascale

Expected: Q2 2020

We are pleased to be working with Accurascale again on these limited edition models.

Limited numbers available, pre-order now to avoid disappointment 

View more details here

• Like 9

im going to take a guess on how the pan works - theyve taken the usual external extra lower wire that pushes the pan uplike we have on the Class 85 Class 86 etc and hidden it inside the square looking lower arm (granted a very thin piece of hard wire) which emerges at its highest/rearmost point and connects to the bottom of the upper arm at a fulcrum point.

I think this will also allow for both upper and lower arms to be extended in height to equal levels as opposed to some pans you see where the lower arm sits low and the upper arm is way up in the air or vice versa.   Accura might have cracked the until now problematic authentic pantograph here........

open to other conjecture...………….

Edited by ThaneofFife
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/02/2019 at 02:20, 159220 said:

I have been intensively researching the class 92 (thank you to Fat Controller, Timbon and contacts in GBRf/DBC), and now have a definitive 'active' class 92 as well as where are Accurascale models 'now': 

The Prototypes

DB Cargo UK (6) -

92011 - EWS triple grey

92015 - DB Cargo red with London - Yiwu, China train branding

92019 - EWS triple grey

92036 - EWS triple grey

92041 - EWS triple grey

92042 - DB Schenker red

GBRf (12 by May TTC) -

GBSL Pool with CAF mods (CS/UK only flows)

92006 - CS teal (now active)

92014 - CS teal

92020 - GBRf blue (revised)

92023 - CS teal

92033 - CS teal

GBST Pool with TVM430 and CAF mods (CS/UK/CT flows)

92010 - CS teal

92018 - CS teal

92028 - GBRf blue

92038 - CS teal

92043 - GBRf blue

GBST Sub-pool with TVM430 (UK/CT flows)

92032 - GBRf blue (to become revised) (at Brush for modifications/major exam)

92044 - Railfreight triple grey (due modifications/major exam 2020)

For those who like to model todays railway. 92032 is now at (Wabtec) GE Brush Traction for a major exam. 032 shall be upgraded to the same standard as the rest of the GB Railfreight fleet yet currently there are no plans to install the CAF Mk5 equipment and Dellner coupling. Should be outshopped early in the new year, in GBRF revised livery as per 020. 

I also understand DB Cargo UK 92029 in store at Crewe is undergoing a major exam to restore to traffic and not to send aboard. It 'should' go via Toton to be outshopped in DB red (but 92011 'might' make it to the paintshop first!). So I think I shall hold off the Rails 92015 limited edition for a 'pure' DB red 92. Oddly, I find the DB livery rather satisfying. 

Edited by 159220
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...