Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

The majority of lighting functions can be configured via CV changes on the Lol 5 being used.

I would suspect the cab lights will have their own F Key..surely the driver has to open the cab door door first, then put the cab light ON to find the main lighting switches, again assuming it's in the dark.

If Biff is supplying the sound file, then like his other comprehensive sound files all this will be included.

Most of Biffs sounds the cab lights work independently of F0, just the same as cab doors etc. are independent of F1.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Cab lights are indeed a separate function. You can also disable the tail lights, have day and night time lights and there is also yard mode for the light arrangement required there. We have a couple of changes to make to the circuit board to make them all work correctly which is why it wasnt demonstrated in the video, but it will be on the finished models.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We have a couple of changes to make to the circuit board to make them all work correctly which is why it wasnt demonstrated in the video, but it will be on the finished models.

I am presuming in this case then that the board will use 10 lighting/aux outputs and 2 servo outputs when with an appropriate decoder?

On 17/11/2020 at 18:13, Accurascale Fran said:

Our cleaner is loyal to the cause and remains tight lipped too! 

Glad their loyal. Only the best for you guys eh?  - your certainly renown for being the best at producing  superb models!  I hope you repay their loyalty by promising them a glorious new "hoover" or it could be your Achilles heel!  Ajax is pretty good for repulse domestic chores too!  Gotta look after the cleaner!  

I'm sure whatever you produce and whenever you announce it, it will be a valiant effort - as formidable as the KUA and a successful triumph like the tipplers appear to be!   Accurascale are certainly flying like an eagle!  

Best Wishes,

C.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Glad their loyal. Only the best for you guys eh?  - your certainly renown for being the best at producing  superb models!  I hope you repay their loyalty by promising them a glorious new "hoover" or it could be your Achilles heel!  Ajax is pretty good for repulse domestic chores too!  Gotta look after the cleaner!  

I'm sure whatever you produce and whenever you announce it, it will be a valiant effort - as formidable as the KUA and a successful triumph like the tipplers appear to be!   Accurascale are certainly flying like an eagle!  

Best Wishes,

C.  

Very good Sir, one of your best posts. I am, however, disappointed that you didn't use subliminal messages for my favourite.

Anyhow, my determination not to buy a 92 as it is out of era remains implacable.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Very good Sir, one of your best posts. I am, however, disappointed that you didn't use subliminal messages for my favourite.

Anyhow, my determination not to buy a 92 as it is out of era remains implacable.

Roy

"Anyhow, my determination not to buy a 92 as it is out of era remains implacable" - such defiance!

I thought it were a couragous effort at that time of night and 10 were enough!  There were a few others - conqueror of a cleaner, fearless use of latest technology etc..  Sorry to have missed your favourite!

In hindsight I should have ended "Howe about it?"

Suppose we better go from the illustrious "hoovers" to Loughborough "Dysons"  Enjoy Roy!

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S. If Fran ever wants a script writer for subtle hints - he knows where to find me!  Haa! Haa!  (oh dear!)

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

P.S. If Fran ever wants a script writer for subtle hints - he knows where to find me!  Haa! Haa!  (oh dear!)

HYA!

HUO (M)DO you think you are suggesting such things? If subliminal messages are such a PCA cake then you should just HOP to it!

Sorry to be a P(I)TA!

I edited this a few times before posting, I think this one is Mk5.

• Funny 4

Hi,

It does look an incredible model, but sadly I’ve just looked up the route restrictions for the Southern and it it’s basically banned apart from a few lines unless it is towed, so I don’t think I can justify one running through Fareham!

Of course, unless someone can think of a plausible reason... ;) 

Simon

7 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

It does look an incredible model, but sadly I’ve just looked up the route restrictions for the Southern and it it’s basically banned apart from a few lines unless it is towed, so I don’t think I can justify one running through Fareham!

Simon

Model Railways are make believe and you can run what you want "honest"

Will that do

Regards Arran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Simon

There is talk of the DB variants being fitted with the requisite equipment to operate over the network again (and not just be confined to HS1 as is currently the case) and the GBRf locos do run down to the tunnel on the 3rd rail network under their own power..... :) 

Just sayin! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

There is talk of the DB variants being fitted with the requisite equipment to operate over the network again (and not just be confined to HS1 as is currently the case) and the GBRf locos do run down to the tunnel on the 3rd rail network under their own power..... :) 

Just sayin! 

Yes, there’s a few lines between London and the tunnel which they are allowed on, but they are banned from all other 3rd rails.

I’ll try and get the restrictions from the Sectional Appendix tomorrow for those that might be interested.

Simon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MGR Hooper! said:

@Accurascale Fran what's the updated ETA for the Class 92?

Goto to the video at about 5m50s

My Irish is a little rusty:D  but I think Fran says Q3 2021

Unless there's been a more recent update

John

On 17/11/2020 at 23:00, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Here you go! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, John ks said:

Goto to the video at about 5m50s

My Irish is a little rusty:D  but I think Fran says Q3 2021

Unless there's been a more recent update

John

Yes it was q3 although he did hint it could arrive slightly earlier which would be a bonus but I think they wanted to be safe rather than sorry.

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Simon

Testing the supply - which kept tripping and upsetting the ECO, which let to the conclusion that your 750DC wasn't tough enough?

If your really in the mood - you could also have a substation on fire, just to emphasize the point!

Best Wishes,

Chris.

19 hours ago, TomScrut said:

HYA!

HUO (M)DO you think you are suggesting such things? If subliminal messages are such a PCA cake then you should just HOP to it!

Sorry to be a P(I)TA!

I edited this a few times before posting, I think this one is Mk5.

I didn't edit........

Best Wishes,

Chris.

P.S.  Don't you get upsetting people by mentioning Mk5's!

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, 7013 said:

image.png.f09f267c10cda0cea4968ed0a37070fd.png

Where have I sen that beast before?

Am I allowed to hope that, after the GT3 and 18000 appear, this will? Both as a turbine and as illustrated? Then we would have bracketed a quartet of AC electrics, which someone might think it a good idea to produce.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Am I allowed to hope that, after the GT3 and 18000 appear, this will? Both as a turbine and as illustrated? Then we would have bracketed a quartet of AC electrics, which someone might think it a good idea to produce.

I would be happy with a class of three electrics that needed a stabiliser rail...

Ro

On 19/11/2020 at 17:31, St. Simon said:

Hi,

Simon

Wrong route given.
Wrong route taken.

And thanks @Accurascale Fran for making these accessible for many modelers.

You could add another £100 and people would still buy but by having a pricing point that's high (but you're getting loads) it'll no doubt sell very well and the reputation that will come along with this will far outweigh any higher price profits - if that makes sense!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I doubt if a 92 gets within a100 miles of my layout setting. But I have preordered one, and given that I have time to wait until it’s arrival I can now start the ‘electrification’ process (Install catenary!) of the China Clay works at Nangullow and the Ironstone works at Wroxbury, the latter of which is closer to 92 country.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1