GWR 57xx Help needed

Deano747

Hi Everyone

I moved house 18 months ago and my modelling has come to all but a standstill. Despite that, I have managed to put up a small workbench in the corner of our lounge whilst major renovation continues. 

I am currently working on an old Vulcan kit of a 57xx Pannier and I am in need of a detail picture of the backhead for pipe runs, etc. If anyone can help out it would be gratefully appreciated. (Google search has not produced much of use!)

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Deano.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry it doesn't work... I typed in GWR 57xx back head in Google search half way down the page there is a photo of one. That was supposed to be the link to it but it doesn't seem to open the same so trry the search. I hope it helps.

Hi Sandra

With all due respect, and I appreciate your response, but the windows on my kit of the 57xx are round and there are springs in the cab, as opposed to many of the variants, of which there are many. I do have the many copies of the 'Pannier Papers' as reference.

Please confirm otherwise.

Edit to say, I got confused there!! The photo from Miss Prism is correct, it's the one from Markjj that's questionable, but I appreciate the response.

Regards, Deano.

Edited by Deano747
Confused!!

16 minutes ago, Deano747 said:

Hi Sandra

With all due respect, and I appreciate your response, but the windows on my kit of the 57xx are round and there are springs in the cab, as opposed to many of the variants, of which there are many. I do have the many copies of the 'Pannier Papers' as reference.

Regards, Deano.

She's correct though. The photo posted above in post #5 looks like a 2251 or something similar like a large Prairie. Definitely not a 57XX.

If you can't find many good photos of 57XX then try a Dean Goods as the boilers/fireboxes were very similar.

Dean_Goods_3_db.jpg

Photo from Wiki common user. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GWR_2301_Class

Jason

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Deano747 said:

Hi Sandra

Edit to say, I got confused there!! The photo from Miss Prism is correct, it's the one from Markjj that's questionable, but I appreciate the response.

Regards, Deano.

Unfortunately I just read the description on the web last night and the person had labelled it as a 57xx.... It will teach me not to post things whilst consuming alcohol next time though lol.... in the great light of day it actually looks more like a 56xx than the 57xx that it isn't. They are very similar though except for the springs.

Sorry for any confusion though.

• Like 1