DCC concepts ADS-8sx alternatives?

Michaelaface

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Anthony566 said:

I have been reliably informed that the ADS stock is on its way and they have a new 4SX channel version  to go with the 2SX and 8SX.....

Great News, I have just ordered the one unit I have need for over a year.

Edited by Vistisen

That is good news.

But just in case and out of curiosity anyway can someone provide some quick advice about the Digikeijs DR4018

Does it only switch the point or does it also provide a capability to switch the frog polarity. I couldn't easily tell and I've written to them twice but they've decided not to bother even answering.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/01/2020 at 14:47, Kallaroonian said:

Thanks for the info. So that's actually pretty useless against the DCC Concepts 8 point unit that switches the point and does the polarity thing. I thought it was too good to be true and it was !

Not really, because the ADS stock ASSUMES that the point has thrown whereas the switch in the point motor KNOWS it has.

• RMweb Gold
On 13/02/2019 at 18:29, Butler Henderson said:

Agree that many accessory decoders are poor with solenoids and if they do shift them their is an annoying buzzing noise. 

In my fiddle yard I am using ZTC accessory decoder and ZTC CDU to power H&M point motors with no problem.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ianLMS said:

ADS-8SX's now on Ebay - £95!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174188409085

Typical as I recently purchased an ADS-8FX and a BlockSignalling Point Direction Indicator board so wont need one now. The combination worked out a bit cheaper than £95 mind!

RRP is £89.95, so £95 with "free" postage isn't too bad.

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

This is my first post to RMWeb. The ADS-8sx appears to be out of stock (again). Does anyone know when it will be available? I intend to use several (from a Roco Z21) to control PECO PL-10 solenoid motors.

Thank you!

Hi Tocoro,  Sorry, cannot answer your question, but definitely worth the wait for them to come back in stock.  Chinese production appears to be getting back to normal. I tried everything on mine, but nothing was as good as the ADS-8sx. 

Edited by Andy SR
spellin
  • Agree 1

On 08/05/2020 at 16:59, Tocoro said:

Hello All,

This is my first post to RMWeb. The ADS-8sx appears to be out of stock (again). Does anyone know when it will be available? I intend to use several (from a Roco Z21) to control PECO PL-10 solenoid motors.

Thank you!

I just ordered a pair of '4s' and they claim the '8s' plus all the point motors should be available as of next week.

Please note - the above information is out of date. It was based upon a communication from January!

The current batch of ADS-8SX has now sold out from ourselves - some will still be available via our dealers.

We do have some ADS-2SX and ADS-4SX left, but they are selling rapidly.

Regards.

The DCC Concepts Team.

Hello All,

Thank you for your replies. Good news is I found a dealer who had stock and so have ordered three. It's good to know the ADS is recommended (thank you Andy SR). I will need more in the future.

That's good Tocoro. I have no connection with DCC Concepts (other than as a customer through my local dealer - Coastal DCC) it just works, and their after sales support, if you ever need it, is excellent. I mistakenly wired something up wrong on one occasion and they told me how to sort it, get this: on a Sunday afternoon !!!  I am a happy bunny customer. Good luck with your layout.