layout in thailand - now gone

rodger5591

If anyone who lives in Thailand would like to pick up some 00 gauge RTR and kitbuilt stock (185 locos, 135 coaches, 400+ wagons, a few unbuilt kits), as well as all that goes into building a layout and the tools/items needed for kitbuilding/detailing of loco/coach/wagons, please contact me. Age has caught up with me and its time to go home. I would rather give the stuff away to someone who wants it than dump it. A list of rolling stock is available if needed, but not for all the scenics / spares/ tools / paints / transfers etc.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Hi Roger5591,

Sorry to hear that you've had to give up on the hobby. With such an extensive collection, you've obviously been a very keen modeller. I hope that, at least, you'll be able to follow your interest in the hobby in other ways, whether this is books, attending exhibitions, train simulator, or sharing with others via a club. I wish you well.

Damo

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to express their sympathy. I have submitted a list to Rails of Sheffield and am waiting for them to get back to me. If I have to send anything abroad, I would prefer to dispose of everything in one go if I can. Sending the whole lot in bulk via a shipping company is much cheaper and more reliable than the Post Office, and of course less troublesome than multiple small packages.  If the Rails offer doesn't cover the cost of postage, then I will have to reconsider what to do next. I will update the post when I hear from them.

Rodger

I should add that the layout is steam era set in 1948

Edited by rodger5591
additional information

• 3 months later...
  • rodger5591 changed the title to layout in thailand - now gone