View New Content

• RMweb Premium

I have changed this to what I wish to see and pressed " Save as new stream" and then Create Stream. It changes but next time I go back it defaults to a load of stuff I don't want.  What am I doing wrong?

I only need to see topics, which I haven't read since I last visited. I don't need to see who as commented on someone's status five days ago.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Agree 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That is what I done, but it defaults back when I next go to View New Content.

Go to your saved Activity Steam rather than View New Content at the top right - also look at the Content Types in your filters to determine what you do or don't want to see.

• RMweb Premium

I use this method to get as near to the old VNC as I can.

Either click on Activity, then unread content, or the bold Unread Content

image.png.628bfedbb02d9af5904dba4a31b207b0.png

However,  every time I open a topic, read it and return to this page, it reloads with everything that has happened since I moved to a thread.

I have got round this by right clicking on the  black spot 'Go to first unread post' and opening the thread in a new tab. Closing the tab puts me back to the main page where I left it, so I can scroll on to the next topic of interest, and do the same again.

Works for me

• RMweb Premium

OK I have created "Clive's stream", but it is faff to find it. Is there a way of making it something I can click on when I leave a topic or do I have to go to Activity, then My Activity and scroll down to "Clive's stream".

It was so much simpler when I could click on "view new content" and I was given the choice of topics etc, then last read etc. One set up all I had to do was click on "View new content". Some of us want to talk about model railways not learn about computing.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

If you now go to "Clive's Stream" via the drop down, you'll see 3 circles next to the Clive's Stream header. The tick symbol lets you set this as you default stream, a link to which appears on the right of the screen just above the blue Recent Status Updates bar. This then gets you there with 1 click.

I've gone a bit further and switched off the sub-forums I'm not interested in and saved that as "MY Unread Content" (as opposed to My Unread Content which the forum already has) and then saved that as a "favourite" within my browser (Chrome at home, Internet Explorer at work) adding it to the top bar. That's now my way into the forum, but if time is limited I then click on my default (which is My Followed Topics) to get what I'm probably most interested in.

Edited by HillsideDepot
Typo

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, russ p said:

Has this just changed today?

When I go view new content it shows every post not just updated threads

Its awful

I found I had three different version of Clive’s thread all in the New Content list. So each post, as you say. I found that going to the left-most box “Show” and ticking “Content Items Only” this brought it back to a single item for each thread. But I am not sure saving it is working. This is new today, I think. 

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Oldddudders said:

I found I had three different version of Clive’s thread all in the New Content list. So each post, as you say. I found that going to the left-most box “Show” and ticking “Content Items Only” this brought it back to a single item for each thread. But I am not sure saving it is working. This is new today, I think. 

It isn’t saving it. I’ll go away for another few days.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Oldddudders said:

It isn’t saving it. I’ll go away for another few days.  

• RMweb Premium

I seem to have created a number of streams, all with the same name (plus at least one with a different name that I wanted to keep).

I found that you can "open" a stream and then delete it so I opened all the ones that I didn't want to keep in turn and deleted them. I now just have the one stream that I currently want to keep.

What I would like to know is whether there is anyway when you open/select an unread thread to read of returning to the same "place" in the list of remaining unread threads? My brain hurts through trying (unsuccessfully) to remember the title of an adjacent thread so that I know where to resume from.

• Agree 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Ray H said:

so the list must be updating itself somehow.

It does if you have the Read Status filter set set to read rather than 'everything'. Setting it to everything leaves the read topics visible but unbolded.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alcanman said:

VNC seems has got even worse today. It's driving me crazy. Bring back the old RMWeb!

Changes were made earlier today to improve speeds for users, so what's wrong with it now? You don't give anything of substance that I can get a grip on, just another moan and NO you cannot have the old RMweb back again. I get really tired of throwaway comments like that.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Changes were made earlier today to improve speeds for users, so what's wrong with it now? You don't give anything of substance that I can get a grip on, just another moan and NO you cannot have the old RMweb back again. I get really tired of throwaway comments like that.

Definitely quicker today, Dropped out several times yesterday - timed out.

I am using the spare laptop (it will appear on Antiques Roadshow soon) so one really notices.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

When I try to look at new content 'since my last visit' I'm still getting all the content I've already looked at.

14 hours ago, Alcanman said:

When I try to look at new content 'since my last visit' I'm still getting all the content I've already looked at.

I've looked at VNC this morning and it's now defaulting to 'last visit', so that's fine.

However, VNC is showing every response to a particular topic instead of just the last response, which is how

the old RMWeb worked. How can I rectify this problem as it's taking ages to look through VNC.

Thanks

Edited by Alcanman
  • Agree 1