View New Content

• RMweb Premium

his

22 hours ago, Ian Smeeton said:

I use this method to get as near to the old VNC as I can.

Either click on Activity, then unread content, or the bold Unread Content

image.png.628bfedbb02d9af5904dba4a31b207b0.png

However,  every time I open a topic, read it and return to this page, it reloads with everything that has happened since I moved to a thread.

I have got round this by right clicking on the  black spot 'Go to first unread post' and opening the thread in a new tab. Closing the tab puts me back to the main page where I left it, so I can scroll on to the next topic of interest, and do the same again.

Works for me

Try tghis method.

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It does if you have the Read Status filter set set to read rather than 'everything'. Setting it to everything leaves the read topics visible but unbolded.

20 hours ago, Ray H said:

Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks, that seems to be me sorted.

Thanks once again.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Changes were made earlier today to improve speeds for users, so what's wrong with it now? You don't give anything of substance that I can get a grip on, just another moan and NO you cannot have the old RMweb back again. I get really tired of throwaway comments like that.

1 hour ago, Alcanman said:

However, VNC is showing every response to a particular topic instead of just the last response, which is how

the old RMWeb worked. How can I rectify this problem as it's taking ages to look through VNC.

That, for me at least. Not only does it take an age and make me think I'm suffering from deja vu, on an android phone, once you've read the post and gone back to the list it doesn't go back to the same place so there's more scrolling up and down trying to find where I started from. Having the same thread appear multiple times in the list just makes it worse.  

Edited by Wheatley
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Unlike the previous RMWeb, the list is dynamically updated. So if new posts have been added, you return to the same place but it's no longer showing the same message at that point. On the old RMWeb, the pages weren't updated unless you moved to a different page.

Pretty sure this is down to the different way in which the new version of the underlying software works.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Alcanman said:

I've looked at VNC this morning and it's now defaulting to 'last visit', so that's fine.

However, VNC is showing every response to a particular topic instead of just the last response, which is how

the old RMWeb worked. How can I rectify this problem as it's taking ages to look through VNC.

Thanks

Try my suggestion one post from the bottom of page one; it seems to work just like the old forum's 'view new content'. Creating it as a custom stream and then saving it as your default has the advantage that it's always available wherever you are in the forum.

Edited by Neil
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Is it possible to post pictures within the text as per the old version?

It would only seem to put up pictures at the end of the post. I've seen some postings with integral pictures. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet!

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

It would only seem to put up pictures at the end of the post. I've seen some postings with integral pictures. Maybe I haven't figured it out yet!

Hi John,

Click in the post where you want it, then click on the uploaded image below.

Or try dragging it into position.

cheers,

Martin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Neil said:

Try my suggestion one post from the bottom of page one; it seems to work just like the old forum's 'view new content'. Creating it as a custom stream and then saving it as your default has the advantage that it's always available wherever you are in the forum.

Look at the top of the page, you have been given a new honour.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Neil said:

Thanks Neil. I followed your instructions and it works. I have my old VNC back, not having to trawl through dozens of posts.

Shame it has to be so complicated, but then again, so is my new car manual. I guess I've spent to much time living in the 20th century and not enough in the 21st century!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Re6/6 said:

when you have uploaded your picture position the cursor where you want to insert it and then click on the picture :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLARENCE

I click on "activity" then "unread content". I want to see items "since my last visit" but seems to default to "in the last seven days" How can I get it to stay on "last visit" by default?

BTW, I'm quite happy with the way the new system works otherwise, found several threads and blogs I didn't know about before; interesting!