New feature - Bookmarks

• Moderators

I have installed a new feature for members; a capacity to bookmark content within RMweb.

From the dropdown menu accessed by clicking on your username at the top right of the screen you will see a My Bookmarks link. From here you can create your own sub-folders for bookmarks e.g. modelling reference, prototype reference etc. You can then access any bookmarked content from here.

At the bottom of each post (please note you can only Bookmark posts, not pages) there is a Bookmark link - clicking on that adds it to your bookmarks and if you have created any sub-folders you can choose where to save it to. You can choose for your bookmarks to be public or private - I would suggest private (in fact if I could have removed the public option I would have). Bookmarks can be removed at the relevant post or within My Bookmarks.

This is a neat way of saving material for later reference without being reliant upon your browser (and saving space in your browser's bookmarker.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

You (as Admin/Mod) could use the public bookmarks for 'pinned' topics.

I have; they're in invisible ink along every other damned thing I type.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

Has this feature now been deleted?

Currently out of action as the developer of it has had problems with the latest version of the software. The solution is pending a bug fix in a forthcoming update. The intention is to then reinstate it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 17/03/2019 at 16:41, AY Mod said:

Currently out of action as the developer of it has had problems with the latest version of the software. The solution is pending a bug fix in a forthcoming update. The intention is to then reinstate it.

Now operational again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A very useful feature. How many times when reading through posts do you think "thats handy, must remember it for the future" and then promptly forget it. My first category is 'computing tips'  now anything useful I see for tips on using the forum get bookmarked into there. You can set up as many Categories as you find useful so track electrics ? Kadees ? Weathering tips ? Then later go to your bookmarks 'click' and your right back to that handy post

Nice one Andy :good:

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Ben Alder said:

Has this feature vanished from the new set up?

Hopefully only temporarily; I've tried reinstalling the module with the new software a couple of times without success. It's still on my to do list next week.

• Thanks 4

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since I used the bookmark feature, and I can't for the life of me find how to access posts I have previously bookmarked. I've probably looked straight past it several times, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd most appreciate it :-)

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, jdb82 said:

It's been a while since I used the bookmark feature, and I can't for the life of me find how to access posts I have previously bookmarked. I've probably looked straight past it several times, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd most appreciate it :-)

If you go to your profile there's a tab towards for  'My Bookmarks'.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If you go to your profile there's a tab towards for  'My Bookmarks'.

Now its quite possible I am being a wally and have mis-understood something in earlier posts but I don't see this from my profile and it looks like this. 

1631381002_rmwebnobookmarks.jpg.21a2a86871b5b2c3cab40c701e3d7ca8.jpg

• Moderators
1 minute ago, pirouets said:

Now its quite possible I am being a wally and have mis-understood something in earlier posts but I don't see this from my profile and it looks like this. 

1631381002_rmwebnobookmarks.jpg.21a2a86871b5b2c3cab40c701e3d7ca8.jpg

Click on Profile from that drop-down and then play I-Spy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Click on Profile from that drop-down and then play I-Spy.

Hmmm, something beginning with B. Your gonna have to give me a clue.

Looked at that and can't see it. What I can see is Your Achievements, Activity/Blogs, warning points, followers, about pirouets, profile info, recent profile visitors, edit profile, cover photo, See my activity plus the main menu bar. 

Thing is if I inspect the code for the page I can see the link (and it works as I clicked it), but if I do a text search on the page as loaded for bookmark it only finds it in the content of this thread which is in the activity section so its not as if you hid it in white text on a white background.