Chapel-en-le-frith Exhibition 23/24 February

Burnham-on-sea

New Mills & District Railway Modellers present their 45th Annual Exhibition in Chapel-en-le-frith Leisure Centre, Long Lane, Chapel SK23 0TQ. The venue is all in one hall with easy disabled access. Refreshments are available. Plenty of parking . There are 14 layouts in a variety of scales, the centrepiece being Chapel Central station from the Leeds club, the 12" to the foot version of which is about half a mile away. There are about 6 demos and full trade support. Open from 10 until 5 on Saturday, closing at 4-30 on Sunday.   www.nmdrm.co.uk 

I had a nice couple of hours at this exhibition at late morning/lunchtime, travelling through the sunny scenic Peak District by car with my Dad.

It was only a small show, but the sports hall was full of a mixture of good quality layouts. It was nice to see a layout based on the old station in the town (Chapel-en-le-Frith Central) being brought from Leeds. I also enjoyed watching the trains go by on the N Gauge layout Bridgford.

Sam

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Even I got home to north Lancashire for 8pm.  A very enjoyable and relaxing weekend.  A young lad offered to help run Goose Creek and he did a superb job with trains moving at prototypical slow speeds, stopping in the correct places and not a single derailment.

Good evening,

I went today with my wife, our first visit to this exhibition, and we enjoyed it. It was great to see the younger generation operating several of the layouts. The Underground Ernie layout we found unusual but entertaining as was Happy Valley the Thomas the Tank engine layout. We also enjoyed the Narrow Gauge automatic layout, I can't remember the name but it was German. A nice mix of British and none British layouts. I particularly enjoyed Chapel on le Frith layout by Leeds model railway club and the layout won two awards whilst there. Very well deserved we thought. I didn't purchase anything as the trade stands had nothing to tempt me. I wasn't overly impressed with the trade stands there, but you cannot please everyone as they say. I did however treat my good lady to some fudge from Sweets of Yesteryear so she was happy (and quiet whilst eating the fudge). Don't tell her I said that!

We look forward to attending again next year.

All the best

Charles

• Thanks 1