Gee Dee Models closing down sale last two days Friday 29th March & Saturday 30th March (the last day)

EE 8SVT

11 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Very sad. Being a Nottingham lad, this was where I bought much of OO gauge stock 40 years ago.

Cheers, Ade.

Indeed, although I must admit I didn't buy that much from them, last thing being a Bachmann class 85 at the Nottingham show a couple of years ago.

Previous major purchase I can think of was an ABS LNER L1 kit! Must have been 25 years ago!

• RMweb Premium

Some interesting comments and insight into the history of this shop which be missed by very many visitors to Nottingham - myself included.

Thanks Phil and best wishes to the staff - I see you all went to the pub - and no mention of cake . . . . . !

http://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/2019/04/death-of-model-shop.html

Mike

• RMweb Gold

So that's it, my childhood is gone, first Skills and Beatties, now Gee Dee's :(

Would have liked to have made the trip to visit one last time but every Saturday I seem to have been busy this year - Belper Show last Saturday.

Edited by RedgateModels

• Administrators

A statement has just been posted to the Gee Dee website:

Former staff have purchased the remaining railway stock from Gee Dee Ltd, which closed the shop doors for the last time on March 30th.

With the consent of the owner they have registered Gee Dee Models Ltd as a new company, which initially will be online with a view to opening a shop in a new location sometime soon.

The retiring owners of Gee Dee wish all concerned all the best in their new venture.

After over 70 years supplying our customers with model and hobby products, the Heathcoat Street shop has now officially closed down

We would like to thank our many loyal customers over the years for their much valued support.

• Like 5

Just as I start in this hobby they go and close on me!  Buying a Bachmann loco with DCC sound at half price was lucky, short term joy but long term sadness.  Hopefully Nottingham will have a model shop once again soon.  Will be investigating Sherwood Models, bought some stuff from them at the South Notts show.