ZTC 511 DECODER READ.

lennie

• RMweb Premium

That seems even more daft, as that gets close to how to programme on the 511, that being: point -> loco -> CV number -> preset -> value

Surely they could have at least given them more obvious names?! Can’t say I miss mine!

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:17, lennie said:

How different then to find an ID with other command stations anyone.

I would have to go and read the manual for my lenz 100 system to be absolutely sure! Because I use PoM all the time it has become automatic to the extent of not consciously thinking about it. (Not actually able to go to the layout at present, to do it.)

So, I think; With the loco selected on the handset (direct entry of address or cycle through the address register) it's F, 7, - , enter, 8, enter , enter : and that will show the value in CV8. (There might be more than one '-', you just cycle from 'PoM' until 'CV' appears. This proves the value of getting to know whatever system you are using. I gave up a fortnight of evenings on first owning the system to simply learning all the functionality I needed, until close to the point of 'unconcious competence', and now barely think about it.

Interesting reply when you said  . I do it without thinking about it.  Well, so do i with my 511 & 611.

Bit like driving a car.

I must agree the 511 did have problems, most sorted with the 611.

I wait with interest when Taunton Controls produce the forthcoming Ambassador.

From what I can gather it wont have a number prefix. IE. 711