Bachmann USA Thomas 2019

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

From the NY Toyfair, I know some will be interested in the new N range and others for useful chassis. Nothing new for 009 but the 2018 list is still to arrive so I guess consolidation like the UK arm. 

2019 Official Announcements

« on: Today at 10:32:04 AM »

Dear Thomas & Friends™ fans,
Below is a list of the new items we are announcing for 2019. This is the COMPLETE list and the ONLY new items that will be announced in 2019. Happy rails!

HO SCALE THOMAS & FRIENDS™
Item No. 58819 ROSIE - RED (with moving eyes)
Item No. 77001 MINING WAGON WITH LOAD – BLUE
Item No. 77002 SODOR COAL CO. WAGON with LOAD
Item No. 77003 SODOR SCRAP CO. WAGON
Item No. 77004 SODOR LOGGING COMPANY FLAT WAGON with LOGS
Item No. 00755   THOMAS’ CHRISTMAS DELIVERY (new Christmas set)

N SCALE THOMAS & FRIENDS™ 
Yes, we are introducing a completely NEW N scale line of Thomas & Friends™!

Item No. 58791 THOMAS the TANK ENGINE™
Item No. 58792 PERCY the SMALL ENGINE
Item No. 76094 ANNIE
Item No. 76095 CLARABEL
Item No. 77096 TROUBLESOME TRUCK #1
Item No. 77097 TROUBLESOME TRUCK #2

Please watch Bachmann’s website, www.bachmanntrains.com, for the official announcements of new Thomas & Friends™ product arrivals.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Are the 'HO' models really 1:87, or actually 1:76 (but still called HO so as not to confuse US buyers)?

We stock the Bachmann usa Thomas range and the models are mainly old mainline toolings and some new toolings. They are OO but marketed as HO in America. The cattle wagon in the Thomas range is identical to Bachmann UK version, height, length etc, just without NEM couplings and less detailed. Hope this helps. Andy 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Ryde-on-time said:

Nothing new for 009 or large scale (g scale) announced so perhaps consolidation as suggested

The red and blue & cream narrow gauge coaches were shown in the catalogue as new. I’m not sure when they were announced though. 

736DD839-31B6-4505-8EAF-D68E085D982D.png

They were announced as part of the 2018 range I believe, and they’ve been on the Bachmann shop site for a few weeks. Given the pics used, looks like they’ll both be based on TR’s Coach No.4, while it had been hoped the Blue coach would be No.4 and the Red coaches could be based on 1 and 2, this seems unlikely. They’ve been announced as costing $39 from Bachmann, so I expect they’ll be marked down at least a little bit from retailers. So if the rolling stock follows the current NG rolling stock made for the range, it should be quite good. No word on when they’re supposed to be released, was hoped the 2019 catalogue would have pics of them so we could see what they look like but no luck sadly. They have updated the Rusty model a bit, filled in the big gap on the top of the bodywork, so should be a bit better for those modeling any larger Rustons or any freelance diesels.

New images have been released of the new Rosie model and rolling stock for “HO”, though I doubt anyone here would be particularly interested.

The N scale range is in the catalog, but stock images from the HO range have been used. So there’s a likely chance of them making these models from scratch, though I also wouldn’t be surprised if these new N scale models were rebranded Tomix models, course this is just hypothetical. We’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, be nice to have the Tomix models be more readily available, and equally nice to have new chassis for 009 use, cough Percy cough.