Bachmann Class 25 help needed

Hi there

After lurking for a long while, I have purchased a sound equipped Class 25. I am in the process of building a micro layout to run it on.

However, it came with a domino headcode missing on the number 2 end

I bought a Hornby set but they are to large

Any ideas where I need to go to get some?

Is it just a case of ringing Bachmann?

Many thanks

I bought an "upgraded" Hornby 25 of eBay...

I sorted out the problem with the power bogie not swivelling properly (yay!)

Now I need to somehow sort out the buffer height (cos it TOWERS over everything else ... thanks, Hornby, not)

Your headcode issue is small fry in comparison.

I'd suggest contacting Bachmann, then Peter's Spares, then doing some modelling and fashion them yourself.

Sorry to not be more helpful - I blame myself for the copious amounts of alcohol I have drunk before firing up RMWeb and reading/answering questions in this section.

Don't you just love predictive text - lets you post with correct spellings when phished! LOL!!

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Hi there 

You can try Bachmann - they are always very helpful - but if you draw a blank drop me a PM - I have dominos on headcode sheets from precision labels I will never use to which you are welcome 

Phil

• Agree 1

Perhaps just cut some plasticard to shape, paint black and then add domino transfers ? Sheets of plasticard are available online in various thicknesses - I got a pack of mixed thickness for a few pounds, and have found it very useful for things like this. If you get it wrong, it's easy enough just to cut another one until you get a snug fit. Obviously domino lights won't illuminate though. Good luck with the 25 - I have several sound fitted ones and they are my favourite for using on the layout.