Smoke and Mirrors layout/ diorama

Hi,

There was a micro/ diorama featured in a couple of magazines titled "Smoke and mirrors".  It featured a part of a large station with one or two platform roads, and possibly a loco release road, part of a large station arched roof and associated platform equipment. 

Has anyone seen more of this and has it featured in any further magazines/ blog spots?

It sounds like a good idea to get mainline stock into a limited space.

Thanks

Jingling Geordie

Hi Jingling Geordie. I can well recall the name (as I have used mirrors on pretty much everything I've built, over the years)
In my mind, "Smoke & Mirrors" I thought was the inside of an engine shed, or roundhouse
Perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick, or more likely, my memory is failing.... once again ;)

Was the model I'm thinking of, by a chap called John Dornom?

An internet search doesn't help, sadly.
Are you thinking of building something similar?

Hi,

The article I'm thinking of was definitely a main line station. I recall it having  a steam loco and steam era coaches, and another shot of a HST.  I think I've seen the title on a feature on roundhouses too, which is an option.

I'm pondering a similar idea (station ) possibly similar to Platform 1 at Glasgow Central with the windows of the Hielan'mans' umbrella and a tram on Argyll street - it may take some time....

JG