RAILWAY MODELLER No2 or No3 1949 or 1950.

micknich2003

Dear All, a long shot I'm trying to trace a copy of an article by the late Sidney Stubbs on Locomotive frames and motor construction, this will have appeared in presumably "RM No2 of late 1949 or more likely RM No3 of early 1950. I have issue No4 which contains the follow up letter and of interest written by C J Freezer and who has we all know was soon to take over the editorial chair. Any help gratefully appreciated and many thanks. Best Wishes, Mick.

Sorry I can't help with the Railway Modellers, but there is an article by Sidney Stubbs  on loco frames etc was in Model Railway Journal No 56. 

An article on motors by John Langan appeared in Model Railway News, November and December  1964 issues. He and Sidney Stubbs were contemporaries in the Manchester Model Railway Society, along with Alex Jackson, of coupling fame.

Hoping this of use, 

regards from

David.   

• RMweb Premium
On 19/02/2019 at 07:14, micknich2003 said:

Dear All, a long shot I'm trying to trace a copy of an article by the late Sidney Stubbs on Locomotive frames and motor construction, this will have appeared in presumably "RM No2 of late 1949 or more likely RM No3 of early 1950. I have issue No4 which contains the follow up letter and of interest written by C J Freezer and who has we all know was soon to take over the editorial chair. Any help gratefully appreciated and many thanks. Best Wishes, Mick.

Mick, I'll have a look over the weekend when I'm back home.