To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

BLAKEY RIGG S SCALE LAYOUT

Rosedale

Please see a link below to my blog in the layout's section about my new S Scale layout. I will make further posts as I make progress. But the layout is coming together and is due to go to it's first show in Leeds on 26th and 27th October 2019. 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/100858-blakey-rigg-ner/&tab=comments#comment-1944514

I hope this works and you enjoy my blog.

Rosedale aka Paul!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Lovely stuff, Paul. It has real potential and is already shaping up nicely.

I love this photo. There is something wonderful about the juxtaposition of housing and trains, showing just how big trains are!

Blakey_Rigg_2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Regularity said:

For which a PM to Rosedale might be more appropriate?

Thanks! Now that was'nt difficult, was it?

We are looking for an S Scale layout for a future exhibition (s), from another S Scale society member!

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, MartinWales said:

Thanks! Now that was'nt difficult, was it?

We are looking for an S Scale layout for a future exhibition (s), from another S Scale society member!

In which case, you have Paul’s contact details and didn’t need to ask on here.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MartinWales said:

I have now!

And the question was phrased generally, not specific, therefore your penultimate post may have been more appropriate?

I think there is a general point there: ExMen looking for layouts should make use of the PM facility.

• RMweb Gold
On 09/03/2019 at 21:43, MartinWales said:

The general point is answered above! And your point has been addressed, having made PM contact!!

I was excessively grumpy back there, Martin. Apologies for that.

Saw Rosedale in the flesh yesterday for the first time. All the hallmarks of a classic in the making.

Thanks for the nod Simon! 

For me it's the combination of unusual and overlooked prototype and minority scale (in which I work myself) which is the winning combination.

Also if an idea comes to fruition, it could be a themed one! (Not saying any more!!)