Rochdale Model Railway Exhibition: Sat 13th April 2019 – Sun 14th April 2019

Persephone

The 55th Rochdale Model Railway Exhibition

Sat 13th April 2019 – Sun 14th April 2019

The Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough, Lancashire OL15 9AE

OPENING TIMES: SAT 10am-4.30pm, SUN 10am-4.30pm
ADMISSION: Adults £4.00; Accompanied Under 16s FREE

List of Layouts Attending : We have 8 layouts lined up covering the popular scales and gauges:

Culm - Dai Davies: GWR, EM
Amalgamated Wagon - Ben Lord, 7mm O gauge
Crows Nest Wharf - Trevor Hughes: Snailbeach District Railways 7mm
Three Score Vale - Nigel Hopwood, EM
Grange Lane - Steve Saxby : Diesel era layout 7mm
Bridge Street Goods - Rex Ashton: BR OO
Upper Cwmtwych - Les Nehrlich: Modern, N gauge

Cyril Street - John Taylor: Vintage Hornby 3 Rail.

Edited by Persephone
change in line up

• 2 weeks later...

Due to unforeseen circumstances both Redwood Lumber and Junction City have had to drop out of this years show.

They are replaced by Nigel Hopwood's "Three Score Vale" Our thanks to Nigel for stepping in at short notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I hope I can get there this year!  Trouble is there's lots on in April and I have another event on the Saturday (not railways) that I can attend.

Decisions, decisions!

I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure if I still am.

Edited by 5050

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately due to personal circumstances, Chris Nevard is unable to attend the show this year with Brew Street and has had to withdraw it from the show. He will be back next year though!

He is replaced at the last moment by Amalgamated Wagon (7mm O Gauge) by Ben Lord. Our thanks to Ben.

amwag-2.jpg

Edited by Persephone
further information
  • Like 1

What a pity Chris can't be there, I was looking forward to seeing Brew Street.  However, Bryan and I should be there bright and early, ready for bacon butties downstairs prior to ascending the wooden hill (or is it stone?) to the show.

A grand day out, mostly spent talking! (and drinking tea)  I like these smaller shows, no need to feel that you have to get round in a rush to see everything.  Next weekend is York - the exact opposite!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, 5050 said:

A grand day out, mostly spent talking! (and drinking tea)  I like these smaller shows, no need to feel that you have to get round in a rush to see everything.  Next weekend is York - the exact opposite!

Now at York, as the Rochdale MRG has 3 layouts there,  a lot of the same people you talked to at our show will be there, so that's some time saved then!

Thank you to all our exhibitors and visitors, another successful show, we will be back 18 and 19 April next year (We have had to move as Easter has nicked our normal weekend)

On 16/04/2019 at 08:42, Persephone said:

a lot of the same people you talked to at our show will be there, so that's some time saved then!

Yes - but I'll probably have forgotten what I said at your show so it'll all be new again.

So no time saved after all......................................:huh:

On 15/04/2019 at 21:50, 5050 said:

Don't worry! I'll find plenty of things for you to do!! 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1