Scograil

Andymsa

A hidden gem I think, although fairly small never seen so much stuff crammed in. I didn't go here specifically but took the opportunity to have a good browse and a nice chat with the staff. Will most definitely be going back for a better look when I have more time as the best amount of continental stock I seen in awhile.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I purchased the Roco z21, multimaus, wi-fi set up and decoders from Scograil online and was very quick and easy. The price was very competitive if I recall.  I also bump into them at local shows and they are always very helpful. Excellent retailers as far as I am concerned. I've not been in the shop but its on my list of things to do next time i'm in Ipswich. 

Brilliant place!! Only been there once when holidaying near by - but they get regular orders from myself for German H0 stock - beat the other suppliers by a hell of a lot on price, especially on some of their Roco stuff - you have to be quick tho as their stuff doesn’t hang around long!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

If you haven’t visited Scograil recently you might find a few changes since they were in St Helens St. Two re-locations to where they are now as one of three separate shops in one unit. Scogbahn ( continental and still run by the same person), plus Coastal DCC who also have Orwell railways, the ex-scograil UK side. 

Izzy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can give another good review for this shop. Ordered some Roco Coaches (74127 ) To go with the BR85 i got in Hamburg. Ordered Thursday arrived today this morning.

Can see my go to place for future German stuff i will get.

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've visited the Orwell Model Railways side of the shop a few times recently. The shop is well stocked and prices are competitive. It's also a haven for all those modelling supplies such as paint, scenic materials, building materials such as plastic sheets, strips, etc.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 21/02/2019 at 12:47, Andymsa said:

A hidden gem I think, although fairly small never seen so much stuff crammed in. I didn't go here specifically but took the opportunity to have a good browse and a nice chat with the staff. Will most definitely be going back for a better look when I have more time as the best amount of continental stock I seen in awhile.

Scograil shares a small office in the same building as the shops Orwell Model Railways and Coastal DCC, I believe. Didn't think he carried much stock?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...