Problems with Cooper Craft

Rosedale

9 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Incorrect.

It was due to the owner receiving payment but not replying to enquiries and not supplying the correct items,  as well as home life pressures. 

this is the quote from Samantha the owner of falconbrass 

Good Evening everyone (or should I say Morning!!!!)

So while I was just sitting down with my husband tonight after finally getting the children to sleep

we started talking about tomorrow (or today) as most of you know our son has cerebral palsy,

His current wheelchair is not working for him at the moment so he is unable to move around on his own

this means he has to go in a double buggy with his younger sister. (can you just imagine how happy he is,

a nearly 4 year old boy having to go around in a pushchair all because his little legs do not work, He is NOT

happy in the least). Anyway we are lucky enough to have an appointment at the wheelchair service (these take months by the way).

So we start talking and are both very nervouse about this appointment. I then look at my diary and see that in the afternoon

we have an appointment with the social services for our new house, we still have not yet moved in!!!

We have been told he now needs to have the downstair converted so he has a bedroom and bathroom downstairs as he is unable to go

upstairs.

So after talking about both of these appointments I then go onto my emails to look for the confirmation email from the wheelchair service and I see

RM WEB pop up in my inbox. Oh how happy I am to see that when I open them all I see is yet more negative comments!!!

So...... I have had enough.......

As of tonight the website will only be selling the wagon kits. The etches for anything else will no longer be available to order.

I simply can not take anymore comments like I have previously and they are clearly never going to stop (unless the business runs like amazon, and trust me

it NEVER will!!!!)

I have enough to worry about with my son, tomorrow is going to be a big day for him and us as a family and sitting up half the night sorting this out is not

something I wanted to do.

However, It is what it is. If you have placed an order it will be met and you will recieve what you have ordered.

Like I said in previouse posts, I only kept this going as I knew some of the kits were hard to get hold of elsewhere, I havent made any money out of doing this

I do not even have an interest in trains!!!!! I was doing it as I knew things like this should be kept going or they will dissapear alltogether.

Im afraid for now that is what is happening with this company. I just can not be dealing with the additional stress it is putting upon me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported me up until now. You are one of the reasons I didnt shut it down last time, I feel however

this is only going to carry on and will cause me more stress that i do not need.

All I can say is that I tried, I did my best but obviously not well enough, sorry.

Thanks again

Samantha

sorry if i have made spelling mistakes it late!!!!

so negative comments and impatiens from RM web members was/is the reason  

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, twiggy1969 said:

I wouldn't say so; what underpins it is a (rightful) choice that other things are more important than model railways or business. After all neither of those things are for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I wouldn't say so; what underpins it is a (rightful) choice that other things are more important than model railways or business. After all neither of those things are for everyone.

I see

RM WEB pop up in my inbox. Oh how happy I am to see that when I open them all I see is yet more negative comments!!!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, twiggy1969 said:

I see

Ok, I was being charitable rather than honest. I won't bother.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, twiggy1969 said:

So while I was just sitting down with my husband tonight after finally getting the children to sleep

we started talking about tomorrow (or today) as most of you know our son has cerebral palsy,

His current wheelchair is not working for him at the moment so he is unable to move around on his own

this means he has to go in a double buggy with his younger sister. (can you just imagine how happy he is,

a nearly 4 year old boy having to go around in a pushchair all because his little legs do not work, He is NOT

happy in the least). Anyway we are lucky enough to have an appointment at the wheelchair service (these take months by the way).

So we start talking and are both very nervouse about this appointment. I then look at my diary and see that in the afternoon

we have an appointment with the social services for our new house, we still have not yet moved in!!!

We have been told he now needs to have the downstair converted so he has a bedroom and bathroom downstairs as he is unable to go

upstairs.

So after talking about both of these appointments I then go onto my emails to look for the confirmation email from the wheelchair service and I see

As of tonight the website will only be selling the wagon kits. The etches for anything else will no longer be available to order.

I simply can not take anymore comments like I have previously and they are clearly never going to stop (unless the business runs like amazon, and trust me

it NEVER will!!!!)

I have enough to worry about with my son, tomorrow is going to be a big day for him and us as a family and sitting up half the night sorting this out is not

something I wanted to do.

However, It is what it is. If you have placed an order it will be met and you will recieve what you have ordered.

Like I said in previouse posts, I only kept this going as I knew some of the kits were hard to get hold of elsewhere, I havent made any money out of doing this

I do not even have an interest in trains!!!!! I was doing it as I knew things like this should be kept going or they will dissapear alltogether.

Im afraid for now that is what is happening with this company. I just can not be dealing with the additional stress it is putting upon me.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported me up until now. You are one of the reasons I didnt shut it down last time, I feel however

this is only going to carry on and will cause me more stress that i do not need.

All I can say is that I tried, I did my best but obviously not well enough, sorry.

Thanks again

Samantha

I was a customer who was supplied in my case a wrong etch/kit that took about 2 months to arrive , I returned at my expense (which was never refunded or any apology offered by Falcon). The correct kit never ever arrived,despite numerous promises from the owner saying it would be sent. All further emails were then ignored by her, as were ones sent to Dart Castings who are connected to Falcon via family as well asking for assistance to resolve the problems.

Luckily for me after 5 months  of empty promises I claimed against Falcon via PayPal who repaid my money. If I had waited past 6 months the money would have been lost. 

I don't consider waiting 5 months as being impatient, perhaps you do.

Edited by micklner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, micklner said:

I was a customer who was supplied in my case a wrong etch/kit that took about 2 months to arrive , I returned at my expense (which was never refunded or any apology offered by Falcon). The correct kit never ever arrived,despite numerous promises from the owner saying it would be sent. All further emails were then ignored by her, as were ones sent to Dart Castings who are connected to Falcon via family as well asking for assistance to resolve the problems.

Luckily for me after 5 months  of empty promises I claimed against Falcon via PayPal who repaid my money. If I had waited past 6 months the money would have been lost. 

I don't consider waiting 5 months as being impatient, perhaps you do.

14 minutes ago, lofty1966 said:

Took me 12 months to get my refund and an apology!

I'm still waiting for some items I ordered over the phone from Coopercraft after 6 years !

Don't think I'll be getting those...

These are just 2 examples of why the business didnt continue.

4 hours ago, twiggy1969 said:

<snip>

Thanks again

Samantha

Do you still think the reason was people impatience ? or more likely an inability to conduct the business in a proper way.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, twiggy1969 said:

you cant buy falcon brassworks items anymore thanks to the inpatients of some folk on here 

I'd say I was more of an outpatient. It took 12 months and multiple unanswered emails before I got the some of the missing castings for a kit I ordered off them. A further query about the still missing parts, clearly shown on the revised instructions sent with the kit, resulted in much hand waving and "oh they aren't supposed to included". I gave up at that point. Inpatient (sic)? I don't think so.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think the Brassworks situation was rather sad on several levels. Knowing several families with disabled children I'm aware of how difficult it is for parents to try and balance looking after their children whilst working so as to provide for them. The stresses must be awful, and to be clear you need to get your priorities in life right. If trying to run Brassworks whilst trying to look after a family was too much then pulling the plug on the model business was the right thin to do. On the other hand, if you accept payment for goods then you should supply them and your personal situation doesn't alter your obligations if you are running a business, to a customer you are just a business selling things. If personal circumstances prevent you meeting those obligations then it is better to face the consequences of what that means early rather than just press on hoping it'll all somehow get better and ending up with the sort of toxic reputation that Brassworks (and Cooper Craft) picked up. This may sound brutally blunt and may offend some, but if a business advertises something, accepts payment and then fails to deliver, or delivers something incomplete and fails to answer communications then to a customer the personal troubles of the proprietor are basically irrelevant to the fact they've not received what they paid for.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• AY Mod locked this topic