Winkford Green.. a small Light Railway layout..

The finished layout is lovely, really captured that light railway atmosphere perfectly. A little sad to hear that you are looking to dispose of it, but completely understand your reasoning, and I have no doubt it will very easily find a new home. Can't wait to see what you do with your next project :)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 15/07/2019 at 17:01, luke the train spotter said:

Really enjoyed the recent YouTube video of it. Has the layout got a new home yet or has it been broken up?

Can someone please post the YouTube link.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2019 at 17:01, luke the train spotter said:

Really enjoyed the recent YouTube video of it. Has the layout got a new home yet or has it been broken up?

Cheers Luke..

It's in limbo at the moment.. will be making it's way to a new home as soon as we can co-ordinate ourselves (buyer lives quite a way from me)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/08/2019 at 16:01, mogtrains said:

Cheers Luke..

It's in limbo at the moment.. will be making it's way to a new home as soon as we can co-ordinate ourselves (buyer lives quite a way from me)

In limbo no longer, I'm delighted to say that 'Winkford Green' now has a delighted new owner in myself. I met Martin in Peterborough on Sunday where the handover took place before heading back to East Kent.

I've always had a hankering to do a light railway layout, but working silly hours, lack of time, skills and any other excuse I can think of, meant that when there was a possibility that 'Winkford Green' may be looking for a new home, I jumped at the chance, Many thanks to Martin for giving me the time to find a free date for the handover.

At present, there are no immediate plans to change anything on the layout, barring the name. Being in East Kent, I thinking of moving it to a station on the East Kent Light Railway, on the planned, but never built Canterbury branch, the new, proposed, name is 'Wickhambreaux'

Stock to be operated is pretty much as before and that's it really. I'll start a new thread in time showing you what progress is made.

Thanks!

Kev

Edited by kevblokey
  • Like 6

• 3 months later...