DEMU Showcase 2019

lyneux

Thanks Kelly!

I've had some 'help' (ahem!) this evening with putting together the exhibitor packs...

IMG_5642.JPG.97c5cc47960d7a83e7e31aeb067e9fa4.JPG

Also, I have had some exciting news from Alex at Cavalex: they will be making an announcement at Showcase in conjunction with Trains4U at their stand at 11am on Saturday.

I believe that there may be further announcements at the show too... all the more reason to head over to Swadlincote this weekend!

Guy

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

As a non-local I had a quick look at buses from Burton to Swadlincote on https://www.traveline.info/

These are the options from about 09:00 to 10:00 - note where two buses are show it appears the first is to take you across Burton from Railway station to bus station

swadbus1.PNG.f979c825f053025c507433c6baa2e493.PNGswadbus3.PNG.59a143e0fdcdefde12e9793441064934.PNGswadbus2.PNG.6c191e214041f2ff827aceb61b6b8672.PNG

The alternative is walking across B-on-T

swadbus7.PNG.dfa8801d8b5f613f036a3fa8f845aaa7.PNGswadbus5.PNG.340421f2c66b88f89aa5a55984e5e134.PNG

This seems to be a pretty typical journey

swadbus6.PNG.bbcd11fb73e5a92c70a60194f1813b28.PNG

or walking to the bus station

swadbus4.PNG.e4b341cccc09c5a50949409e2b2fcfc2.PNG

Jon

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Looks like the Bachmann roadshow will be pulling into Swad and circling the wagons in the near future http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2019/05/Bachmann-on-the-road-demu-showcase-2/

Hi 'Chard

Are you visiting, if so please introduce yourself? Always nice to meet someone else who likes the Elliott sisters' music.

I am loitering about as a steward all weekend so anyone who wants to tell me that my post on here are rubbish etc, please do.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, lyneux said:

Also, I have had some exciting news from Alex at Cavalex: they will be making an announcement at Showcase in conjunction with Trains4U at their stand at 11am on Saturday.

I believe that there may be further announcements at the show too... all the more reason to head over to Swadlincote this weekend!

Guy

I'm wondering whether to do a Heljan style teaser...

Oh go on then...

image.png.90df7164ba37a8a59139f54c74c773a3.png

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

I'm wondering whether to do a Heljan style teaser...

Oh go on then...

image.png.90df7164ba37a8a59139f54c74c773a3.png

Hoping it's a Wipac Class 37 announcement. However, I will follow with interest regardless. Really looking forward to hearing what's been announced at the show. Will you be posting your announcement on RMWeb too as unfortunately I can't attend the show? 

Thanks in advance. 

More announcements...

Be sure to swing by Revolution Trains (stand W12) at 10:30 am on Saturday to hear about their new 4mm scale wagon project!

I hope that this and the Cavalex/Trains4U announcement has 's got everyone excited?

See you at the weekend in Swadlincote!

Guy

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, lyneux said:

More announcements...

Be sure to swing by Revolution Trains (stand W12) at 10:30 am on Saturday to hear about their new 4mm scale wagon project!

I hope that this and the Cavalex/Trains4U announcement has 's got everyone excited?

See you at the weekend in Swadlincote!

Guy

They had better not be a certain hopper wagon!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Would love to attend and meet some of you guys - Know BOT and Swad well. Lived in Marston Montgomery in the 1980/90s which is in the area - we are though away on a Baltic Cruise.

Hope all goes well DEMU and well done Clive and all your colleagues for organising. 

Kind regards,

Richard B

Hello

Clive has been promoted to Exhibition Manager then. Well done Clive.

Cheers

George

• Funny 3

22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Are you visiting, if so please introduce yourself? Always nice to meet someone else who likes the Elliott sisters' music.

I am loitering about as a steward all weekend so anyone who wants to tell me that my post on here are rubbish etc, please do.

I'll be popping-in, Clive - I'll be sure to bring you a copy of the debut album, there are four things a man cannot have too many of:

1. vent vans
  2. Baby Sulzers
  3. old school punk 
  4. parcels stock
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

I'll be popping-in, Clive - I'll be sure to bring you a copy of the debut album, there are four things a man cannot have too many of:

1. vent vans
  2. Baby Sulzers
  3. old school punk 
  4. parcels stock

I tend to agree, apart from (3). I'd have prog or Jazz/rock fusion. Vent Vans , Sulzers and parcels stock are fine with me though.

Tony

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Well what a week for new announcements. From what I know the following models have been announced:

Bachmann OO Gauge Class 45 Limited Editions

Heljan OO Gauge Class 45 (new tooling) 

Cavalex Exclusive to Rails BLA & BBA Steel Wagon Packs in OO Gauge 

Cavalex Exclusive to Trains4U MOD KFA & PFB Wagons in OO Gauge (DEMU announcement) 

RevoloutioN trains IPA Car Carriers (3 Variations) in OO Gauge (DEMU announcement) 

New figures by Modelu (DEMU announcement) 

Plus Accurascale were due to make another announcement today but I understand that this has been postponed slightly. 

Have to say we are really lucky to have quite a constant flow of new announcements recently. 

*This list may not be complete as I may have missed other announcements this week. 

• Like 2

Flying visit to the show this morning and have to say well done to the DEMU organisers. Apart from the fact it is not on a rail route it is a useful location.  As we were intending to be in and out in around two hours we did the Sainsburys option of buying some stuff then walking over to the show. 

The quality seemed much improved this year with many many fewer "hands in the sky".  Although Hornsey Broadway is very much a fantastic layout, I really do like Parrot Hall. Just needs to be a little longer so that the rolling stock can stretch it's legs.  Absolutely love the LMR EMUs and I think it was the first tome I have heard a class 85 in action for 30 years !!!!

Well done DEMU  

Edited by Covkid
typo correction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Also visited earlier today and thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition.

Very good selection of layouts mainly 4mm but that’s fine by me, however I did like the 7mm layout Dalnottar Riverside and found it very inspirational.

Im trying hard to stop the temptation of 7mm 

Location is not ideal, as a bit cramped and warm but as this was  the only alternative local venue following the issues they had with the original hall booking well done to all the DEMU team.

Catering was good and not expensive £1.10 for a cup tea is ok with me.

Plenty if alternative eating establishments a short walk away if you fancied more than a snack or perhaps a beer.

Would I go back next year if it was at the same venue - Definitely Yes

Get along there tomorrow as it’s a to good a exhibition to miss.

Eltel 

Stafford Railway Circle 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Great new venue, well done guys, you couldn't have picked any where closer to home other than in my Potting Shed.:P

Some cracking Layouts, with Hornsea Broadway and Dalnottar Riverside being my two favourites. 

I'm back again tomorrow, (TWO DAYS for the price of one):good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Spent a few hours at the show, thought it was excellent. Had a good chat with the Revolution team, Cavalex, Mick Bryan. Had a look at the stunning C Rail pocket wagon, some of those will certainly be appearing on Dallam. Renewed my membership and also picked up some nicely priced Farish BYA wagons on the second hand stall, which from what I could see had a good selection of items for sale. 

Certainly worth a visit.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 4