Modelling Heritage Railways

tractionman

• RMweb Gold

For those interested, this month's Railway Modeller mentions a new Peco 'guide' to be released called 'Modelling Heritage Railways'.

Due out on April 18th according to the advert in the March RM mag (p.71a), for £6.99.

Blurb says, "With everything you need to know about modelling preserved lines, including inspirational photographs, step-by-step modelling projects, useful track-plans and important historic data".

cheers,

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

I have bought a copy now and had a quick look through. Some of the layouts like Cranmore and Horsted Keynes are very good because they have got pictures of model layouts.  My main interest is the Swanage Railway on page 54 but there are no pictures of models of Swanage station and I think that the track plan gives too limited operation for a layout 14 feet long. It would be far more practical to model Corfe Castle station, the viaduct and Challow Hill cutting which are far more compact and can be included in a 14 foot x 5 foot continuous run layout. It is ironic that I cannot get anything about my layout published because far too much has been written about the Swanage Railway but Peco are unable to supply any illustrations of models of Swanage Station or any advice about how to model the station buildings although scale drawings are available in back issues of the Railway Modeller.

• Friendly/supportive 3