Why two shades of yellow on the front of a 143?

Coryton

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Steadfast said:

It'll be a patch paint of some sort, to cover repair or graffiti. Both yellow paint and yellow vinyl are used, some yellow ends can be a right patchwork up close

I don't think I've ever seen such a dramatic difference on one vehicle.

It wouldn't look terribly convincing on a model...

The TfW units as a whole seem to be getting very scruffy these days. 

You'll quite often see similar yellow patches on the TfW 150s, usually the bottom corners of the yellow end where it seems to be vulnerable to damage. Often the yellow patch covers part of the turquoise nearby too. I Iuspect 150s in other fleets may be similar. 

Mark

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, standardblue said:

The TfW units as a whole seem to be getting very scruffy these days. 

You'll quite often see similar yellow patches on the TfW 150s, usually the bottom corners of the yellow end where it seems to be vulnerable to damage. Often the yellow patch covers part of the turquoise nearby too. I Iuspect 150s in other fleets may be similar. 

I haven't noticed it on any other TfW units. I tend to see more Sprinters than Pacers close up because they don't like to waste a Sprinter on the Coryton line.

I can see that they're not going to bother re-liverying Pacers, but it seems a little odd that they don't seem to even be putting TfW branding on the outside of the Sprinters, which presumably will be around a bit.

23 hours ago, Coryton said:

I can see that they're not going to bother re-liverying Pacers, but it seems a little odd that they don't seem to even be putting TfW branding on the outside of the Sprinters, which presumably will be around a bit.

Yes, I'm surprised about the 150s too. Have they rebranded any stock, apart from the 175 that was repainted for the launch? All I've seen is removal or covering up of ATW branding. 

Stations and staff seem to have been rebranded, many before the actual start date. 

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, standardblue said:

Yes, I'm surprised about the 150s too. Have they rebranded any stock, apart from the 175 that was repainted for the launch? All I've seen is removal or covering up of ATW branding. 

Stations and staff seem to have been rebranded, many before the actual start date. 

Stations, yes. I didn't see any new uniforms before the start date.

I think there are two 175s and a 158 in the new livery now.

(And yes, now that I'm paying attention I'm noticing other patches...that one just really stood out as it was a large and symmetrical area, I think).