Manchester m5000 tram model.

Cwilks138

Hello, Making a Layout that involves a Manchester metrolink m5000. I would prefer it to be motorised. But if not a non motorised would be fine. Ho would again be preferable if not a oo would be fine. Any pointers to where i could find would would be kindly appreciated.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Halling made an H0 one for the Heaton Park Tramway, that was sold through East Lancs Model Trams, but I very much doubt whether they are still available.  It appears to have been a limited run of 100, about 9 years ago, so they probably sold out a long time ago.

Unless anyone else knows better, you're probably looking for secondhand examples, although I don't suppose there's any harm in you contacting either Halling or East Lancs Model Trams to ask if they have any.

Moxy

• 10 months later...

Hi, just wondering if you managed to source any motorised Leopold Halling Manchester Metrolink M5000 Trams, I'm looking to build a layout with a Manchester backdrop and was hoping to source the authentic Metrolink tram. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve. 

On 10/01/2020 at 06:48, Steved0370 said:

Hi, just wondering if you managed to source any motorised Leopold Halling Manchester Metrolink M5000 Trams, I'm looking to build a layout with a Manchester backdrop and was hoping to source the authentic Metrolink tram. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Steve. 

If you've not started yet and stock isn't bought, you could consider N gauge, in which case you are provided for with a 3D print of the older trams which can be found in Shapeways. In 00 there are some resin kits of the T68s as well. It may be that you might have to settle for these options as the M5000s are going to be hard to find. 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 23/07/2023 at 23:32, Red Devil said:

There's a new batch of the Halling Metrolink model being done (both powered and un powered) by the TLRS very shortly if anyone is looking for one of these....

Do you have a source or a link with any further information about this? Would love to get my hands on one

3 hours ago, matt whelan said:

Do you have a source or a link with any further information about this? Would love to get my hands on one

Yep, here you go......

Edited by Red Devil

The models have now been ordered, and will be delivered before the year end. We have a quota of 100, 20 being non motored. Members of the TLRS will be eligible to a discount when renewing their membership for 2024 in November. The cost of these models will be finalised in due coarse, and will be delivered from the UK.

347594185_2232584016919260_1686225293288564867_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 31/07/2023 at 17:50, Red Devil said:

The models have now been ordered, and will be delivered before the year end. We have a quota of 100, 20 being non motored. Members of the TLRS will be eligible to a discount when renewing their membership for 2024 in November. The cost of these models will be finalised in due coarse, and will be delivered from the UK.

347594185_2232584016919260_1686225293288564867_n.jpg

I dropped the address an email the other week, hopefully there's still some availability to place an order as I haven't heard back? 🙂

7 hours ago, Ruairidh T said:

I dropped the address an email the other week, hopefully there's still some availability to place an order as I haven't heard back? 🙂

I've passed this on, if I hear anything further I will post it up.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...