Stroud Cheapside (GWR)

HereticUK

• RMweb Gold

As a back-up to the NLS 1936 OS map, the SRS has the signalling diagram for 1935 viewable on line.

It's quite an unusual station with the goods facilities on either side of the line accessible via facing connections (a double slip on the Up).

• Informative/Useful 1

• 5 months later...
On 27/02/2019 at 12:39, Joseph_Pestell said:

As a back-up to the NLS 1936 OS map, the SRS has the signalling diagram for 1935 viewable on line.

It's quite an unusual station with the goods facilities on either side of the line accessible via facing connections (a double slip on the Up).

I like unusual things, so this sounds right up my alley! Thank you for the information.

There is a book called 'The Nailsworth and Stroud Branch' by Colin Maggs, Oakwood Press 214, with lots of pictures  and trackplan dated 1923 and also the nearby Stroud gasworks sidings, also on the same branch.

Edited by andy stroud

12 minutes ago, andy stroud said:

There is a book called 'The Nailsworth and Stroud Branch' by Colin Maggs, Oakwood Press 214, with lots of pictures  and trackplan dated 1923 and also the nearby Stroud gasworks sidings, also on the same branch.

Sorry I think I am referring to the wrong station.  I know that the Midland station was known as 'Cheapside' as well as Wallbridge

Hi HereticUK

If you are interested in the signalling, there is a signalling plan for Stroud in 1935 in:-

Signal Box Diagrams of the Great Western & Southern Railways by GA Pryer

Volume 25 GWR: Swindon Area - page 26

The signalling arrangement stayed like that until 1970

regards

Will

• Informative/Useful 1