DJM Class 92 OO Gauge - Crowdfunders only please

letterspider

I have been asking Dave about EWS 92 031 and whether this livery can be brought to market.

The minimum production run has been mentioned and it seems achievable (I am currently not posting this information here as it may be sensitive?)

Is there anyone else who is interested in this livery?

Flickr Link:

92031 'The Institute of Logistics and Transport' 6O12

Edited by letterspider

20 hours ago, letterspider said:

I have been asking Dave about EWS 92 031 and whether this livery can be brought to market.

The minimum production run has been mentioned and it seems achievable (I am currently not posting this information here as it may be sensitive?)

Is there anyone else who is interested in this livery?

I'm interested in this livery, and more specifically a Class 92 in EWS.

I'd also prefer the option of purchasing two Class 92s in EWS, but saying at there will soon be a duplication in the market for 92 001 Victor Hugo, it would be my preference if one if the manufacturers of the Class 92 in EWS would change from 92001 to 92031.

Perhaps whoever is second to the market will see the opportunity for additional sales and produce 92031 instead.

On 28/02/2019 at 12:30, Steven B said:

DJM was third to anounce a class 92 in OO Gauge; Lima and Hornby have both done their own models.

I think Damo66 was refering to DJM's model potentially arriving after Accurascale's model.

Yes. that's what I meant.

8 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Since Dave Jones does not read this thread the requests for 92031 could go to info@djmodels.co.uk

4 hours ago, letterspider said:

WHo says?

Since Dave Jones doesn't post on RMweb anymore, the requests for 92031 can go to info@djmodels.co.uk

Or may try advertising your new thread a little better, apart from that one post in the original thread which is now lost.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

Since Dave Jones doesn't post on RMweb anymore, the requests for 92031 can go to info@djmodels.co.uk

Or may try advertising your new thread a little better, apart from that one post in the original thread which is now lost.

Yes 50+ people could email him asking for 92 031, which would be an unnecessary distraction to say the least.  I think he would be better served with a single email saying  this many people want a 92031, is that enough? 

As for the original thread,  it is precisely because of the noise of negativity that this thread was started. Hence rationale for suggesting locking the first thread.

Edited by letterspider

8 hours ago, letterspider said:

Yes 50+ people could email him asking for 92 031, which would be an unnecessary distraction to say the least.  I think he would be better served with a single email saying  this many people want a 92031, is that enough? 

As for the original thread,  it is precisely because of the noise of negativity that this thread was started. Hence rationale for suggesting locking the first thread.

Emails about something related to the Class 92 (which could persuade him to add a road number) is considered a distraction?? I think he has distracted himself enough.

Those emails will probably help him organize his thoughts and focus on something. And FWIW, if you want to reach out to people asking if they want a new road number added, why not reach out to the press first? RMweb probably won't get you much. As I said, advertise your intentions further and better.

• RMweb Gold

It was letterspider and not Dave who said e mails would be a distraction.

Anyway multiple emails from different people would probably carry more weight than one person saying "please do 50+ of 92031. I know they will sell because others have told me they want one. Take my word"

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

This thread is rendered even more pointless by the participation of one of the most vocal anti-Dave proponents. 

if you want 92031 done then you need to get people to email Dave, the traffic is in the thread Dave started, this thread achieves nothing. If you want people to order another model you don’t want to limit it to those who have already funded a model anyway, and posting on-topic discussion in the main thread will stop some of the moaning about Dave. 

• Agree 1

MGR Hopper please can we focus on the model.

Everyone interested - if you are after 92 031 and Accurascale are duplicating the 92 001, it may make sense for customers and Dave to switch their order with him from 92 001 to 92 031. That way he may even draw some orders away from Accurascale and fill up the order book a little more.

I have talked to him and he has suggested numbers to make this viable. I don't need to advertise - as the crowdfunders are on this forum and can hear the conversation. They just need to be aware of the opportunity and if numbers are sufficent we can put the suggestion forward.

I can tell you in my work having to handle +50 emails a day, plus a website IS a lot of time - you don't want emails that are not directly related to day to day business. So I am not going to put this forward to him unless it makes business sense.

At this time it looks like there is little interest - which is what the point was of this conversation in the first place!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, letterspider said:

Everyone interested - if you are after 92 031 and Accurascale are duplicating the 92 001, it may make sense for customers and Dave to switch their order with him from 92 001 to 92 031. That way he may even draw some orders away from Accurascale and fill up the order book a little more.

I have talked to him and he has suggested numbers to make this viable. I don't need to advertise - as the crowdfunders are on this forum and can hear the conversation. They just need to be aware of the opportunity and if numbers are sufficent we can put the suggestion forward.

I can tell you in my work having to handle +50 emails a day, plus a website IS a lot of time - you don't want emails that are not directly related to day to day business. So I am not going to put this forward to him unless it makes business sense.

At this time it looks like there is little interest - which is what the point was of this conversation in the first place!

This is becoming a farce!  For the project to succeed it needs people to order, this is unlikely to happen if it is based upon whispers and winks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium

You’re making the vast assumption that:

- the crowdfunders are on this forum

- they’re reading this random offshoot thread

- any significant proportion of them actively want either 001 or 031

Dave will not get 50 emails in one day from people clamouring for 92031, all of which require a response. He’s chosen to leave the forum so email is his clearly his favoured method of communication. He can ignore emails if he wants, but as above, an email saying “hi, 50 people want this” is unlikely to change anything. 

I suspect of those who have ordered an EWS one a small minority really care which one it is, so I’d just suggest Dave (or Accurascale) makes 92031 instead of 001, not in addition to, as EWS was the most limited livery doubling up on running numbers and diluting orders seems daft. 

But then this entire thing is verging on the ridiculous.  

Maybe we we should have a new thread with a poll on whether people want 001 or 031. Then another one to capture those who’ve told Dave.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, letterspider said:

MGR Hopper please can we focus on the model.

Who are you, Dave's unofficial go between?  Should people now be asking you for updates?

As has been said people need to be contacting Dave directly not through some form of secret squirrel society.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3