March 2019 Railway Modeller

Robin Brasher

As a member of the Wimborne Railway Society I was very pleased to see their 0 gauge model of Horton Road in the Railway Modeller. I have not had any input into this model but I enjoy seeing it at our club nights. By 00 gauge and N gauge standards it occupies a huge amount of space but 18' x 12' is only large enough for a modest 0 gauge layout. The club is lucky to have a room to display it permanently.

The article was written about two years ago  when Steve Flint came to take some photographs so there have been some improvements since then. My picture shows Horton Road in the clubroom on 14th February.  Yesterday the club received a cheque for £210 for the article.

I have always found that the Railway Modeller treats its contributors very well and supplies some excellent information about clubs and societies. You will see that the Railway Modeller has provided full information about the Wimborne Railway Society's exhibition on Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 March and I wonder if the magazine chose this month to publish the article.

007.JPG

• RMweb Premium

They also kindly mentioned the Basingstoke exhibition 9th/10th March at the end of Pete Thorpe's article about a new layout being built around the finally completed model of the Royal Albert bridge, initially constructed for the Great Model Railway Challenge Final.

RoyalAlbert.jpg.e99632f9ec318776b30ac718ce7c853c.jpg

Edited by Ian Morgan
Typo
  • Like 2

I don't normally buy RM but being currently on an extended trip to the UK bought the March issue.  I am amazed by the N gauge model Little Salkeld.  It is a great model but the track in particular is very impressive.  I have never modelled N gauge, mainly because the usual Peco code 55 track always spoils it.  However the code 40 bullhead from fiNetrax is exquisite and has been built to accept recent N gauge wheels thus being a good halfway between N gauge and 2mm finescale.  Well done to all involved.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Jeff Smith said:

I am amazed by the N gauge model Little Salkeld.  It is a great model but the track in particular is very impressive.  I have never modelled N gauge, mainly because the usual Peco code 55 track always spoils it.  However the code 40 bullhead from fiNetrax is exquisite and has been built to accept recent N gauge wheels thus being a good halfway between N gauge and 2mm finescale.  Well done to all involved.

Thanks Jeff, I'll pass this on to the owner (a friend) he's made a superb job of the layout and the track does indeed look very good.

• Like 1