Small loco works, 3d printed models

That dome makes me think of Marquis/Queen, a Manning Wardle special, an 0-6-0 side tank design of the 1860s.  I really wanted one for the Isle of Eldernell.  It's been on the theoretical roster since at least 2013!

191543014_ManningWardle0-6-0TSpecialof1867.jpg.59a831f4d1ef540d7c40837cfd58ccb6.jpg

I have the 4mm scale drawings of this (in the Alan Prior book) if anyone is interested .... 

463586812_Queen(ManningWardleNo227of1867).jpg.8a5f7cc705f5279473dc9ada481f3c85.jpg

• Like 3

I have those drawings,  and eventually who knows I might see to it in the future,  I also note you have listed on your roster an E B Wilson 0-6-0 of 1854, I also have a drawing of just such an engine,  still its the box tank next and then a Jenny Lind of a very different kind, something tells me theres no shortage of locos to do in my future

6669195_original.jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, Killian keane said:

I have those drawings,  and eventually who knows I might see to it in the future,  I also note you have listed on your roster an E B Wilson 0-6-0 of 1854, I also have a drawing of just such an engine,  still its the box tank next and then a Jenny Lind of a very different kind, something tells me theres no shortage of locos to do in my future

6669195_original.jpg

Is that the sister loco to 'Fire Queen' ?

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Looks great.  Well done to both you and Linny.

How are you planning to motorise this?

motorisation with all of my models is done on a basis of prioritising scale over ease of motorisation therefore its up to the builder to come up with something, when I get round to doing one I can share my own experiences, but for now all I can do is leave as much room as possible free in the loco body as doing it on a basis of being able to fit an rtr chassis is obviously not possible given the nature of the prototypes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Killian keane said:

motorisation with all of my models is done on a basis of prioritising scale over ease of motorisation therefore its up to the builder to come up with something, when I get round to doing one I can share my own experiences, but for now all I can do is leave as much room as possible free in the loco body as doing it on a basis of being able to fit an rtr chassis is obviously not possible given the nature of the prototypes

Thanks.  I have the Thwaites & Cubitt to ponder, so in no hurry for another such challenge (!) but will be interested to see what you do. 

• Like 1

How do you think version 2 looks in primer? (Still tweaking a few printer settings) Personally I think the dome and safety valve have come out absolutely beautifully, although I need to have a poke at why the bufferbeam is coming out not-quite-straight... That seems to be a printing error, not a problem with the file.

1778324154_JennyLindV2Body.png.45de19315a1681a0c6624121675ea96b.png

[Edit: Apologies for the dust!]

Edited by Skinnylinny
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

I've not come across any - the driving wheels are 24mm diameter, but technically should have cranks (with a much smaller throw) to operate the water pumps just behind the driving wheels, injectors not having been invented yet (or indeed for another ten years!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

For a Little England I used Gibsons and carefully cut the crank out. 

Speaking of her,  you wouldn't be interested in the possibility of a printed firebox top would you?  I appreciate the turned version would aid adhesion more though and represents the shine of brass perfectly 

• Friendly/supportive 1