Multiple notification emails for a single reply

On topics I have immediate email notification of a new reply I’m often getting upto 10 emails all notifying me of one single reply added to the topic.

I can set them to daily digest I think but there’s still a chance I’ll get multiples of those.

Any chance it can be looked into? Thanks.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Norm81 said:

Any chance it can be looked into? Thanks.

I'll have a look into your settings during next week.

• Thanks 1

I’ve knocked most of them off immediate, however the bargain hunters mk2 topic was the one that sent the ~10 emails today and I still want that on immediate.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

@AY Mod Very similar situation for me too - I've not managed as many as Martin_Wynne (later post in this thread), but I'm equalling Norm81 with up to ten per post. It only seems to affect certain topics;  yesterday it was Bargain Hunters 2 (Big Jim's post at 09:08 ish; ten identical notifications), and this morning it was Spikey's post in the same thread (four copies) and Colin Penfold's post in SOS Junction (six copies)

I don't suppose you could take a look please

Many thanks

Rob

• Agree 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Ely_South said:

@AY Mod Very similar situation for me too - I've not managed as many as Martin_Wynne (later post in this thread), but I'm equalling Norm81 with up to ten per post. It only seems to affect certain topics;  yesterday it was Bargain Hunters 2 (Big Jim's post at 09:08 ish; ten identical notifications), and this morning it was Spikey's post in the same thread (four copies) and Colin Penfold's post in SOS Junction (six copies)

I don't suppose you could take a look please

I'm not surprised you're getting inundated!

These are the settings for 3 pages of topics set to notify you.

Ely_south_notifications.JPG

I have made some changes to reduce the number of notifications you get; one per day.

Ely_south_notifications 2.JPG

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 02/03/2019 at 20:35, Norm81 said:

I’ve knocked most of them off immediate, however the bargain hunters mk2 topic was the one that sent the ~10 emails today and I still want that on immediate.

Thanks.

It will send notifications for every reply - that's how you've got it set up.

You've got 17 pages of followed content too https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/followed/ which maybe need a looking at for the individual notification settings.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I'm not surprised you're getting inundated!

These are the settings for 3 pages of topics set to notify you.

I have made some changes to reduce the number of notifications you get; one per day.

Heh heh; thanks - I like to feel popular... :-)

It's less the number of notifications though; more the identical repeat nature of those few (and it does just seem to be a few). Up to ten emails, all received at an identical time with identical content; notifying of a single post.

I'm happy with your solution regardless though

Many thanks

Rob

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I too am receiving multiple copies of notification emails for a single reply.

I have knowingly set my notifications for each topic to "send a notification when new content is posted" but that isn't the problem, and I don't want that changing.

What I am getting is between 5 and 10 emails, all with the same timestamp, all with the same content, for any particular update.

If it makes any difference, my email provider is outlook.com (formerly hotmail).

Here are four:

rmweb-mails.jpg.03bb69c01eec2476097b0691166388c3.jpg

Al.

Edited by Alister_G
added screenshot
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It will send notifications for every reply - that's how you've got it set up.

You've got 17 pages of followed content too https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/followed/ which maybe need a looking at for the individual notification settings.

It is sending multiple duplicate identical emails when only one reply is added.

Yesterday I got 28 emails all for one single post added to a topic - post either 125236 or 3484701 by Garry D100, then the same topic but 4 duplicates of Spikey’s post this morning the same as someone has also mentioned.

I’ve knocked all but about three topics down to daily digest. Most are on none or weekly as it’s more of a bookmark.

To be clear, this is not a problem of getting lots of emails due to lots of topics having notifications set. It’s a problem where I’m getting the exact same verbatim email multiple times for the exact same single post added to a single topic.

Edited by Norm81
Clarified and added info
  • Agree 1