Dcc in TT

A newbie i know is attempting to implement DCC into TTgauge with sound. A lot of boxes of sound decoders have been bought over the last few years along with various resin bodies, kit bodies, chassis, wheels for this and wheels for that.. An 08 was started 5 yrs ago with little progress.. Part of this is a nostalgia of his first set as a child but im wondering if its time to give up and choose a scale where things can be achieved.. Be interesting to know if anyone has ever done TT gauge dcc sound and is there enough space..? Either way I believe it requires massive skills and experience in modelling. Even with my good experience I would not be confident.. Thoughts..? 

I model in H0e and have always managed to get the decoder in, personally I and not bothered with sound but I know people have sound fitted locos - and there are n-gauge around that are DCC and have sound. I therefore suggest that TT will offer plenty of scope to get digital and also sound fitted :)

good luck

• Like 1

If N gauge modellers are able to fit sound decoders into the much more limited space compared to TT I'd say that you have a reasonable amount of space.

There are many videos online (YouTube) of people fitting sound into N so this will give you some ideas of sizes of chips etc.

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:37, Marcoblanco said:

... An 08 was started 5 yrs ago with little progress...

It's nothing to do with the scale. Someone really determined to have a sound fitted model running should have it working after 5 years, even if the speaker unit is hanging on the outside until such time as a method of installing it inside can be figured out.

It's the why of so little progress that wants to be explored.  Is it limited ability, or a terrible kit, or inappropriate component selection to fit inside the body shell, or lack of time, [add other likely causes] ; or simply someone who isn't bothered, just likes to potter a little with some model railway gear to foster the recollection of the childhood train set. I know a couple of the latter. Both very happy.

17 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

It's nothing to do with the scale. Someone really determined to have a sound fitted model running should have it working after 5 years, even if the speaker unit is hanging on the outside until such time as a method of installing it inside can be figured out.

It's the why of so little progress that wants to be explored.  Is it limited ability, or a terrible kit, or inappropriate component selection to fit inside the body shell, or lack of time, [add other likely causes] ; or simply someone who isn't bothered, just likes to potter a little with some model railway gear to foster the recollection of the childhood train set. I know a couple of the latter. Both very happy.

Wow. Do you know what... I think youve got it.. This actually sums up the situation perfectly.. I get the feeling myself hes not actually bothered.. And yes little ability but grandiose plans.. 

I joke about 00 gauge with him a lot.. Maybe ill knock him up a micro 4mm layout for his retirement present!!