Hornby Hawksworths

They'll be a standard fitting. Probably R8219.

Try Peters Spares.

https://www.petersspares.com/

Or Hattons

https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/1000389/1000588/1000661/0/Hornby_OO_Gauge_1_76_Scale_Model_railway_spares/prodlist.aspx

Sorry. I read it as couplings.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

They are not part of the bogie as they are a modern coach that uses a cam as a close coup-ling mechanism.

As the Signal Engineer mentions a self made  repair/replacement is probably the best option.

Keen do a replacement for Bachmann but I don't know if they do a Hornby version.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

These are two photos of my prototype Height Stability modification for damaged Horrnby Close Coupler mechanism. 

Couples reliably every time and no catching of the dangly bits on the turnout rails.

This one was made up as I went along so a bit rough and ready as you can see from the chamfers where I got it a bit too wide.

P3042819.JPG.77aca11bac6324cbeb678cd7c7d9d6b2.JPG

P3042822.JPG.5c78086df6908631659540764e8e8314.JPG

• Informative/Useful 1

The question about a replacement drawbar/cam was perhaps misleading.  I have some Bachmann Collets that I'd like to update.  I have considered using the Keen coupling system and have some that I plan to try, but I have read mixed reviews about them, even with the more modern style Bachmann Collet bogies (i.e. the screw in rather than pop in type).  So I half had the idea of trying to get hold of the drawbar/cam for the Hornby Hawkworths and experimenting with trying to fit them to the Collets. I figured that the bogies on both types are pretty much the same size and are set a similar distance in from the ends of the respective coaches so in theory at least, it should work.   My motivation actually is as much to be able to fit NEM sockets to the Collets so I can use a mix of coupling types easily as to achieve closer coupling.  

I'd seen the Keen replacement drawbar for the Bachmann Mk1s but wasn't sure how the Mk1 bogies and position under the coach matched the Collets.  So I haven't bought any!