All new RTR Class 91 and Mark 4 carriages

Grimleygrid

September 2019 Update

Cavalex Models are delighted to be able to release some 3D renders of our class 91 locomotive design. Whilst the CAD design is almost complete there are a few minor tweaks and details to be added. 

91/0

2096156462_91-0PreorderRender1.png.7d9ab00735ec223a29f17b833a120524.png

91/1

1311011146_91-1PreorderRender5.png.836d9998f8f3dcc9dcd043e410b65bd0.png

More details can be found on our website here:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/september-update

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Do we wait to order a complete pack if we want a full train? Or do we order as different individual items become available to order?

Be careful when sending out e-mails to put everyone's e-mail addresses in the Bcc box!

Class 91 looks great though!

• Agree 1

Dear Customers,

May we take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for a technical issue with our email which resulted in the September email update being distributed and sharing email addresses. We are extremely apologetic for this unfortunate issue.

We will be taking measures to ensure that this does not occur again.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

Alex and Cav.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, BR(S) said:

Do we wait to order a complete pack if we want a full train? Or do we order as different individual items become available to order?

Be careful when sending out e-mails to put everyone's e-mail addresses in the Bcc box!

Class 91 looks great though!

We will be offering the coach and dvt sets as a full pre-order however we are keeping the locos as seperate orders.

You will need to pre-order your locos and then the sets as they are released. We will not be offering the locos as part of the sets.

Regards

Cav

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RBE said:

We will be offering the coach and dvt sets as a full pre-order however we are keeping the locos as seperate orders.

You will need to pre-order your locos and then the sets as they are released. We will not be offering the locos as part of the sets.

Regards

Cav

If I understand correctly then you (Cavalex) have changed the way orders will be made

On the expression of interest page Sets with loco were available, now it seems you can only order the loco

I can no longer find any mention of coaches on your web site, does this mean that you will soon be putting up CAD's for the coaches & we will be able to order the coaches

Can I assume that VAT will be removed for non EU customers

John

10 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

September 2019 Update

Cavalex Models are delighted to be able to release some 3D renders of our class 91 locomotive design. Whilst the CAD design is almost complete there are a few minor tweaks and details to be added. 

91/0

2096156462_91-0PreorderRender1.png.7d9ab00735ec223a29f17b833a120524.png

91/1

1311011146_91-1PreorderRender5.png.836d9998f8f3dcc9dcd043e410b65bd0.png

More details can be found on our website here:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/september-update

I am at an absolute loss for words, just stunning....

On 01/09/2019 at 20:51, Darlington South Junction said:

Is there any way I could sneak one of these into a Bury Bolton Street layout? This honestly looks great and I would buy one if the ELR bought one for some strange reason and placed it into platform 1 at Bury!

I mean Bolton Street did technically use to be electrified...

Albeit side contact stabiliser rail (IIRC), but they're Mir technicalities.

On 02/09/2019 at 00:11, John ks said:

If I understand correctly then you (Cavalex) have changed the way orders will be made

On the expression of interest page Sets with loco were available, now it seems you can only order the loco

I can no longer find any mention of coaches on your web site, does this mean that you will soon be putting up CAD's for the coaches & we will be able to order the coaches

Can I assume that VAT will be removed for non EU customers

John

Good evening John,

Yes that is correct, VAT will be removed for Non-EU customers.

September Update - Part 2

1174087222_Refurb91.png.cab51bcdabd341b381a07220a0f19298.png

We just wanted to post a quick update regarding the 91. We have been blown away by the support and want to thank everyone who has placed a preorder so far. In terms of preordering the whole 225 set we are offering the loco to preorder separately from the MK4s and DVT, which we will be providing an update on next month. 

If you haven’t preordered so far and would like to please follow the link to the page: https://www.cavalexmodels.com/class-91-preorder-page

We are also excited to announce we will be attending the Shenfield MRC exhibition on the 21st September, Bury St Edmunds 50th anniversary exhibition on the 28th September and Warley MRC exhibition in November. If you’re attending the exhibitions please come and talk 91s with us!

• Like 8

On 03/09/2019 at 09:59, RJennings said:

Any rough ideas as to the pricing of the Mk4 / DVT sets when they are available to pre-order? Just thinking in terms of trying to budget for these going forward ...

Otherwise have to say this is looking very impressive!

Thank you RJennings.

We have just posted an update regarding the situation with the Mark 4s and DVT. We will have more information next month.

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, 159220 said:

I have noticed that the pre-order closes on 30th October, not mentioned here but on the website? 

Hi 159220,

We have just updated the website to clarify the situation regarding the pre-orders.

The closing date to qualify for the pre-order discount price will be the the 30th of November 2019. Please note that all orders received after this date will not qualify for the pre-order discount  of 10% off of the flinalised price and will be processed at the full final RRP price.

Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Grimleygrid said:

We have just updated the website to clarify the situation regarding the pre-orders.

The closing date to qualify for the pre-order discount price will be the the 30th of November 2019.

I must have been half way through filling in the form when you did the update because I read the pre-order page and saw October, I filled in the form and submitted it and all of a sudden it said November :D

• RMweb Gold

Oh ok so those of us who have registered interest, assuming we convert to an actual order when the time comes (and I see no reason why I won't) will get an early bird discount? Thank you for that :) Looking forward to my GNER Rev one!

Shows how much I read the page when filling it in lol

1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Oh ok so those of us who have registered interest, assuming we convert to an actual order when the time comes (and I see no reason why I won't) will get an early bird discount? Thank you for that :) Looking forward to my GNER Rev one!

Shows how much I read the page when filling it in lol

You are welcome.
We have always offered a pre-order discount on our products as a way of thanking customers for their support in helping to get the project off of the ground.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

You are welcome.
We have always offered a pre-order discount on our products as a way of thanking customers for their support in helping to get the project off of the ground.

Thank you for your support.

Well I did ask for a GNER one so it would have been a bit rude not then partake when it was offered! :)