All new RTR Class 91 and Mark 4 carriages

Grimleygrid

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/10/2019 at 15:28, 60800 said:

Since they won't need any matching coaching stock, is there any chance of getting 91117 or 91120 in Europhoenix livery? ;)

Cheers,

Now that’d be something I’d instantly go for! Even though their fate I disagree with, the livery is awesome.

best regards, Matthew 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2019 at 15:28, 60800 said:

Since they won't need any matching coaching stock, is there any chance of getting 91117 or 91120 in Europhoenix livery? ;)

Cheers,

Chances are you’ll be able to run them blunt ends together on Container trains for stock.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm is the £180 price tag before the early order discount or thats already discounted? 

The closing date to qualify for the pre-order discount price will be the the 30th of November 2019. Please note that all orders received after this date will not qualify for the pre-order discount of 10% off of the flinalised price and will be processed at the full final RRP price.

• Agree 1

Hi the £180 is a provisional figure for the RRP until the final design has been quoted by the factory.

We don't expect this to increase but we cannot set the final price in stone at this stage in the project. If the figures turn out lower we will of course revise the RRP to suit at that time. 

However once the prices are finalised the pre order price will be 10% off of the final RRP price for the loco.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Cav

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Just under two weeks to go until the Warley MRC exhibition - come and visit us on stand B33 for a project 225 update.

384077855_91111IB.jpg.0d945d286e8e66dd912e939c7c42ed84.jpg

Photo courtesy Ian Ball

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northeastheavy60/32723233707/in/photolist-2hmY7L7-2ee9tHP-sfWtwx-RRD8jB-BZu2VJ-pxL69u-r5mc4U-NSTZBY-s2mtxX-rGKuiy-okEmKg

Hoping to see a 3D print of the Class 91 in OO gauge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just seen some livery designs on Facebook. Guessing they've been sneakily leaked given there is nothing on here. But, it answers the questions I was about to ask them at Warley.

Let's just say I'm a happy chappy :dance_mini:

EDIT

Well, I see it's on their Website so have a look for yourselves!!

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/warley-update?fbclid=IwAR2NWhT02b3sog0UrD6pnRVaCArrQspTU4caIKiyzb5avJ10dCLsB63Y8FI

Edited by Scottish-Exile
It's now on their website!

6 hours ago, ash39 said:

Are we likely to see the same range of liveries on the 2mm version further down the line?

The 3D print looks fantastic. Impressed.

This is going to be expensive :lol: 

Yes we aim to produce all of the current 4mm liveries on the 2mm model as well.

• Like 1

It was great to chat to the team yesterday at Warley...very friendly and professional as ever. By the sounds of it, the class 91 will be a ground breaking model, and I can't wait to see the end result. The 3D print was stunning with very high fidelity, especially in the nose end and pan areas. I know it's only a WIP sample but I had the pleasure of handling it, and didn't want to give it back!! :no:

Keep it up lads!

Jack.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/11/2019 at 11:22, Southwich said:

1E58A9A9-706B-484E-A61F-D090CF5FB802.jpeg.21522f5eeb09d9510f4cee1795bf9f87.jpeg

3D printed class 91 on the stand this weekend at Warley - please come and say hello if you’re visiting! 

Will

Obviously the picture was taken in Birmingham, some lowlife has stolen the wheels!:jester:

• Funny 3

On 23/11/2019 at 11:22, Southwich said:

1E58A9A9-706B-484E-A61F-D090CF5FB802.jpeg.21522f5eeb09d9510f4cee1795bf9f87.jpeg

3D printed class 91 on the stand this weekend at Warley - please come and say hello if you’re visiting! 

Will

Looking fantastic, guys.

Can't wait to have an InterCity-liveried rake on Waverley West, wires or no wires.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hello
Just signed up for a Class 91. Going for the Intercity livery.
Two quick questions.
The new LNER Flying scotsman 91101 is not avaible to pre order. will this be avaible soon, as it looks so good.
Does any one know the cost of the Mk4 coaches yet

John

Hi John and thanks for your support.

We are are currently working through how to make the flying scotsman available. It may be direct through us or through a retailer, we still need to bottom out the details. As soon as we know we will send out an update.

As for the Mk4s, we don't have a firm price yet however we envisage around the £50 to £60 mark per coach and somewhere around £80 for the dvt without sound.

Of course these are only estimates at this stage.

Regards

Cav

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1

I was hearing some talk/gossip/speculation at Warley that Hornby are preparing something fresh on IC225 also. Now we have to be careful here , it could be (and probably is) just tosh of course, however has anyone else heard anything with any more substance either way? I tried to ask Hornby and whilst they didnt deny they didnt say yes either (as you would expect), basically theres nothing to go on that response.

If there is truth in the story you would hope Hornby would allow Cavlex to continue as the Gold plated version and maybe Hornby just polish their current offering a little more. Make it like a Railroad higher end version, say just add NEM couplings/lights etc. I think theres room in the market for both such offerings.

3 hours ago, RBE said:

Hi John and thanks for your support.

We are are currently working through how to make the flying scotsman available. It may be direct through us or through a retailer, we still need to bottom out the details. As soon as we know we will send out an update.

As for the Mk4s, we don't have a firm price yet however we envisage around the £50 to £60 mark per coach and somewhere around £80 for the dvt without sound.

Of course these are only estimates at this stage.

Regards

Cav

Hi Cav
Thanks for the reply . Sounds great.
I will wait happily for news on the Flying Scotsman

Regards
John