All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

And in N/2mm - excellent.

2019 could be the year of the N/2mm bogie tanker with this 1980s version, the newly re-tooled Farish 1960s version due soon and a possibly re-run of the 21stC RT ones.

G

Good grief! Are you and that other new comer trying to make me bankrupt? Or at the very least divorced! 

I’m working rest days left right and centre and I’m still going to struggle to afford the massive amount of lovely stuff that are coming in the near future. I’m not going to have any free time to model at this rate. :-/

Edited by 66738

These wagons were built in the latter half of the 80's around 1987. You can certainly run blue locos on them as blue was still quite common in 1987.

What years are you modelling? The original sectorisation and their liveries (intercity exectutive, original railfreight etc) came as early as 1983.

The overwhelming livery for the current period incarnation is surely "dirty".

From the markings, this one is likely to be the original Total paint job, just with the Total logo patched out.
(VTG 85934 at Llanelli, 2013)

TEA_85934_VTG_teamisc_Llanelli_18052013%

This one has heavier, more universal filth, combined with lower quality patching.
(And it looks like it had a bigger Total logo than the previous one, which might give you a further 80s/90s livery variation in future?)
(VTG 85931, Cardiff, 2014)

TEA_85931_VTG_TEAMISC_Cardiff_03052014%2

I've good memories of the 90s trains to Langley, unfortunately the wagons I shot back then are all from other batches!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I'd certainly have some KBA barrier wagons in N, the layout needs to move some underground stock on an unlikely regular basis.

If I recall correctly the grot-liveried not so Silver Bullets were based on samples commissioned from Mercig and look pretty good to my eyes.

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, the ICA masters were from Mercig, and look superb, like the TEAs a wagon which, when clean, just looks totally wrong for the current scene!

Look forward to a couple of these!

My photos of these are towards the end of this collection https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/totalclassatea

Includes some when quite new in February 1987. A very good choice of prototype - Standard wagon had several similar tank wagons on these 'conventional' through solebar frames. Some information on these is in

Tandy, David W. (2009) Standard Railway Wagon Co. Heywood Works. Ty Mawr Publications ISBN 09552354-2-1. 128 pages

Paul Bartlett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

My photos of these are towards the end of this collection https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/totalclassatea

Includes some when quite new in February 1987. A very good choice of prototype - Standard wagon had several similar tank wagons on these 'conventional' through solebar frames. Some information on these is in

Tandy, David W. (2009) Standard Railway Wagon Co. Heywood Works. Ty Mawr Publications ISBN 09552354-2-1. 128 pages

Paul Bartlett

Interesting photos Paul. I always thought that the Standard Wagon Co at Heywood just made new wagons but it looks like some sort of refurbishment or maintenance of them from them pictures. What sort of work would they carry out? 66738

3 minutes ago, 66738 said:

Interesting photos Paul. I always thought that the Standard Wagon Co at Heywood just made new wagons but it looks like some sort of refurbishment or maintenance of them from them pictures. What sort of work would they carry out? 66738

They'd have done anything from normal repairs to complete rebuilds; the POA  (later SSA) scrap wagons were built by them, initially on second-hand underframes.

On 06/03/2019 at 12:58, Glorious NSE said:

The overwhelming livery for the current period incarnation is surely "dirty".

From the markings, this one is likely to be the original Total paint job, just with the Total logo patched out.
(VTG 85934 at Llanelli, 2013)

TEA_85934_VTG_teamisc_Llanelli_18052013%

This one has heavier, more universal filth, combined with lower quality patching.
(And it looks like it had a bigger Total logo than the previous one, which might give you a further 80s/90s livery variation in future?)
(VTG 85931, Cardiff, 2014)

TEA_85931_VTG_TEAMISC_Cardiff_03052014%2

I've good memories of the 90s trains to Langley, unfortunately the wagons I shot back then are all from other batches!

My wagon recognition skills aren't great, but are these sandwiched between the same type of wagon produced by RevolutioN Trains?  That is the VTG Red versions that were originally on the Murco flows out of Milford Haven, but have since been displaced elsewhere?  If so, I'm assuming it would be okay to mix these with other types.

Yes the second of those shots it's sandwiched between two red VTG tanks as done by RevolutioN, on a Murco flow - the first shot is also on a Murco flow, but between two of the GERS/Murco wagons which are different.
(There was quite a variety of types on the Murco flows at this time!)

They also work out of Lindsey mixed in with the EWS liveried wagons that RevolutioN produce.

VTG 85966 passing through York, 2007 - another small Total patch:

TEA_85966_VTG_York_130407-L.jpg

More shots mixed in here - just watch the number ranges though as they are surrounded by similar-but-a-bit-different batches! UK Railway Pics - Mixed older TEA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, 66738 said:

This gives a little taste of what Standard did at Heywood- I lived 200 miles away, so didn't go there too often! https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/standardheywood

And I went to Reddish less often https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/standardreddish

Paul

• Like 1