All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

Just to make the point on the variety of tanks on Murco trains - VTG 85934 from the Cavalex batch brings up the rear on these loads headed through Newport in 2014, but there's 6 different types in the last 10 wagons, including a Tiphook TIA, some TDA, and three of the RevolutioN style TEA. Lots of modelling potential if somebody wanted, and you'd have the ability to scratch/kitbash a few one-offs whilst bulking the train out with quality RTR models.

TEA_85934_VTG_TEAMISC_Newport_02062014%2

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Yes it really does put away the comments like, Bachmann and revolution have done a TEA already.

Thats what really drove this project for us. Tank trains are varied beasts. Our TEA can add variety and cross eras.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Didn’t realise just how many different types of tank wagon there actually are. Great opportunity for someone to produce the Murco branded wagons to compliment these and the Revolution TEA’s.

The Murco tank wagon (it's actually a TDA) is available as a 3D print: https://www.shapeways.com/product/DTE3REHUA/tda-murco-tank-wagon-n-scale?optionId=2748022&li=marketplace

G.

*One* of the three different types of Murco liveried ones in that shot is a TDA, the other two types of Murco branded ones are different TEA.
Just for confusion's sake, there are other styles of TDA, one of which is also in this train in Murco livery, and it also has non-Murco liveried examples of that shapeways one. ;)

The train wagon-by-wagon is here - I've missed at least one though looking at it:
https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/Daybyday/2014/2014-06-02-Newport-and-Cardiff/

• Like 1

Oooooh I love the Murco trains. All the varied tanks and a fantastic Brush beast at the front! I'm doing exactly what Martyn has suggested, got a good number of Revolution tanks and bulking it out with kits and conversions. I started one of the style of TEA that Cavalex are doing probably 6 or 7 years ago. Dug it out the box to see if it was worth continuing with, a day later comes the announcement! Let's start looking at the Procor built Murco TEAs instead! Hmmmm, now how to do Schlieren bogies in N...

Jo

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Oooooh I love the Murco trains. All the varied tanks and a fantastic Brush beast at the front! I'm doing exactly what Martyn has suggested, got a good number of Revolution tanks and bulking it out with kits and conversions. I started one of the style of TEA that Cavalex are doing probably 6 or 7 years ago. Dug it out the box to see if it was worth continuing with, a day later comes the announcement! Let's start looking at the Procor built Murco TEAs instead! Hmmmm, now how to do Schlieren bogies in N...

Jo

Interesting to see the variety of tanks in use; I remember the first 100t tanks being introduced on the Albion trains, back in 1966 or 1967; these were the 'Gulf' trains, and were remarkably uniform in appearance, certainly in comparison withe vacuum-fitted trains they ran alongside.

They are not currently open for order.

We will open our pre-order forms once we have confirmation on manufacturing costs from the factory.

Hopefully this will be at the end of the month.

• Thanks 1

Hi All 

Needing an excuse to order some of these wagons .

anybody have info on wether this variant of TEA was hauled by class 56  1990-2004 ? .. possibly on Power station/depot fuel traffic from Lindsey OR.. or indeed any regular-ish working

cheers

TW

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 13:18, Glorious NSE said:

Just to make the point on the variety of tanks on Murco trains - VTG 85934 from the Cavalex batch brings up the rear on these loads headed through Newport in 2014, but there's 6 different types in the last 10 wagons, including a Tiphook TIA, some TDA, and three of the RevolutioN style TEA. Lots of modelling potential if somebody wanted, and you'd have the ability to scratch/kitbash a few one-offs whilst bulking the train out with quality RTR models.

TEA_85934_VTG_TEAMISC_Newport_02062014%2

Hi Martyn,

those photos have inspired me to start to recreate the varied and colourful Murco train. I've started to scratchbuild the TDA but does anyone have a drawing of the TIA tank with the platform at the end?

I think there were two diagrams (builds) from Arbel-Fauvet in France, one had flat ends with a stainless steel tank and was used for foodstuffs or acid the other build is shown in the video in this thread, the wagon has dished ends. There's a photo of the foodstuff version in David Ratcliffe's International Ferry Wagons book (Ian Allan pub.) which gives a length of (IIRC) 17.66m over headstocks.

Were both builds the same length?

regards

Rich.

TIA is 18.29m over buffers according to the labelling on the side of the wagon. Most continental numbered wagons have the length on them somewhere. It'll be between the two vaguely buffer shaped logos, sort of like this (- 18.29m-)

Jo

Edited by Steadfast