All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

• 2 weeks later...

The factory have advised that the first sprues out of the TEA moulds have been produced. We are very excited about seeing the first Engineering Prototype samples.

IMG_3790.jpg.d4fb24da51a365a4c2fa6ed21c376904.jpg

We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/03/2020 at 20:02, richscylla said:

Does anyone have any photos of these in Wales in the mid-late 90s?

Hi Rich, I will be doing some research to try and answer this over the weekend. 

I have seen photos of these particular TEAs being used on the Robeston to Westerleigh flows however this was in the late 2000s.

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2020 at 22:06, Crisis Rail said:

Alex. 

You doing VTG Black livery as for the Lindsay to Preston Dock Lanfina? 

COLAS 60 Traction. 

Apologies no likes currently in moderated status.

Ian

Hi Ian, unfortunately we won't sorry. The VTG black bogie tanks are fairly new, well I say fairly new, introduced in 2010 I think!!

Our particular TEAs were built in the late 1980s.

Hope that helps.

On 23/03/2020 at 18:02, Pillar said:

Does anyone know whether these TEAs ran in the North East while still wearing their Total branding? I know they are/were on the trains from Jarrow in heavily weathered condition, but those logos do look nice.

Hi Pillar, I will be conducting some research over the weekend to see if I can answer this question for you.

I will let you know what I manage to find.

7 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

Hi Rich, I will be doing some research to try and answer this over the weekend. 

I have seen photos of these particular TEAs being used on the Robeston to Westerleigh flows however this was in the late 2000s.

Thanks very much!

On 20/03/2020 at 20:02, richscylla said:

Does anyone have any photos of these in Wales in the mid-late 90s?

Hi Rich, I have been searching Flickr and SmugMug looking for photos of these TEAs in Wales during the mid to late 90s but unfortunately have only found them being used in the late 2000s.

I will continue looking though.....

On 23/03/2020 at 18:02, Pillar said:

Does anyone know whether these TEAs ran in the North East while still wearing their Total branding? I know they are/were on the trains from Jarrow in heavily weathered condition, but those logos do look nice.

Hi Pillar, from looking at Flickr I can only see photos of these TEAs being used on the flows to Leeds. Total acquired Petrofina in 1999 so do not believe that the Total branded tankers would have worked any of these services prior to this year. However, that may not be the case in reality of course.

I will continue looking.

Whilst searching Flickr I found some very nice photos which I thought it worth sharing:

46230367665_76fc71be97_4k.jpg47294 by Alan Padley, on Flickr

38486860234_fc69c5face_4k.jpgGarforth by RobT653, on Flickr

Apr 06 scan

28129898030_020274c333_c.jpgSpotlit 47 At North Killingholme (Michael McNicholas) by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

49712909012_973cdc55f5_k.jpg47054  Barnetby  22-07-88 by Gray Callaway, on Flickr

49334904111_224a45687a_6k.jpg47276 on oil approaching Nottingham by Awwalker1, on Flickr

23118772436_63a4679433_h.jpgWrawby Junction. by John Whiteley, on Flickr

45490078264_d8500c61d1_k.jpgLeeds by Jay Bee, on Flickr

Nov 09 scan

22026471812_1296d01cb7_c.jpgApproaching The A18. by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

22038823825_294de2b499_b.jpgLindsey To Leeds On The Curve. by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Grimleygrid said:

Hi Rich, I have been searching Flickr and SmugMug looking for photos of these TEAs in Wales during the mid to late 90s but unfortunately have only found them being used in the late 2000s.

I will continue looking though.....

Thanks - I was struggling to find them too. 

On 05/04/2020 at 12:26, richscylla said:

Thanks - I was struggling to find them too. 

If I remember correctly these TEAs are numbered in the 859XX series and worked exclusively out of LOR and Humber refineries untill the the 88XXX and 870XXX TEAs were introduced from 2005 onwards. 

Edit. There's some pics of clean tanks at Marcroft Swansea Burrows in 1992 on Paul Bartlett's site

Edited by RP82
Added info

Really enjoyed some of the pictures in this thread. I have six of these on preorder to go with my Bachmann TTAs. I'm local to the Grimsby area and worked for a while on P way. Lindsey oil refinery and Immingham docks were regular gigs for me. I can even remember some of the insults writen with a finger in the dirt on the tanks. These being exchanged by the guys who worked on wagon maintainance as well as the other graffiti. My layout is not a recreation of anywhere specifically but is very much influenced by my local area, set in the BR blue era of my formative years. I very much look forward to the arrival of my Total TEAs.

• 3 weeks later...

TEA update

We are pleased to advise that the first Engineer Prototype samples of our TEA have arrived.
There are a few minor tweaks to be made which will be implemented ahead of the first painted samples due over the next couple of months.

CB2K7588.JPG.3ffc3f99c674ee0ae8a0c8d5b3c3e8a5.JPG

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/blog

We are very pleased with how these have turned out and would like to pass on our thanks to everyone that has supported this and all of our projects so far.

Stay safe.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The wagons are looking good!

When the painted samples arrive, will there be samples of the weathered wagons? Seeing the picture you linked to of these on the Fawley to Holybourne working is tempting me to go for a triple pack of weathered ones to go alongside the rake of 7 Bachmann ones I currently have.

Andy.

• Thanks 1

On 03/05/2020 at 22:16, SWT442 said:

The wagons are looking good!

When the painted samples arrive, will there be samples of the weathered wagons? Seeing the picture you linked to of these on the Fawley to Holybourne working is tempting me to go for a triple pack of weathered ones to go alongside the rake of 7 Bachmann ones I currently have.

Andy.

Good afternoon Andy,

Thank you for your message.

Yes the plan is to have samples of the weathered version as well as the Total and plain grey.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/05/2020 at 20:50, richscylla said:

Found what I think is a train featuring some of your TEAs in Acton in 1997. Not sure what working it was on? Does anyone know?  

Hi Rich, thanks for sharing the video, always nice to see a class 60 on tanks. I think the working was most likely the Langley to Lindsey Oil Refinery empties.

You are right there were some of our TEAs in the train.

Hope that helps.

On 22/05/2020 at 22:53, atom3624 said:

Nice video footage there.

That Class 60 with 28 TEA wagons was quite impressive ...

Al.

Hi Al and Rich,

Here is a link to some lovely footage taken on the GWML in early/mid 1990s which includes a few clips of the Lindsey to Langley loaded tanks:

https://youtu.be/Pv2rEQN3nPo

Edited by Grimleygrid

My PC seems to be playing up, not sure if the link posted correctly so here it is again:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pv2rEQN3nPo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>