All new RTR TEA bogie tank

Grimleygrid

Just been looking through my copy of Standard Railway Wagon Co. Heywood Works book as even though I was only 5 at the time I do remember seeing some of those tanks at Heywood. Also I remember seeing them years later in South Wales mixed in trains with other Heywood tanks as they all had the full underframe.

1079970569_cardiff16.png.0acde5293924a0ee61623c26fad66c17.png

1757223887_margam16.png.a69b8307727712978a678df869f1eecd.png

I know you can't see the exact tank that is being modelled but that's what made tank trains interesting there could be multiple types in one train. 

Possible the sixth tank in the 37 hauled train could be one.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers Richard. We chose the prototype because they were in service in the late 80s and are still in use today.

They as such can be used with both the older Bachmann TEAs and Revolutions more modern wagons.

• 1 month later...

Hi Cavalex or Anyone Else,

Just 2 questions please;

1. The TEA Grey livery & TEA Weathered versions, would they run together in a prototypical rake today or in the recent past?

I assume the weathered versions are the same as the grey liveried ones far as era is concerned?

2. The KBA Barrier Wagon Pack, are they only used for LU stock moves or are they used on various other moves throughout the network?

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject of TEA's & KBA's.

Very much appreciate any feedback.

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Just 2 questions please;

1. The TEA Grey livery & TEA Weathered versions, would they run together in a prototypical rake today or in the recent past?

I assume the weathered versions are the same as the grey liveried ones far as era is concerned?

2. The KBA Barrier Wagon Pack, are they only used for LU stock moves or are they used on various other moves throughout the network?

Cheers

Steve

The KBAs have  a special coupling on one end that allowed them to couple to the underground stock. How easily that can be swapped I don't know, but I would hazard a guess that they aren't used for other stock.

Roy

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

The KBAs have  a special coupling on one end that allowed them to couple to the underground stock. How easily that can be swapped I don't know, but I would hazard a guess that they aren't used for other stock.

Roy

No worries thanks for the information Roy.

6 hours ago, classy52 said:

Just 2 questions please;

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message.

The grey TEAs are for the period of mid to late 1990s and the weathered version is more representative of how they are running today, so for current day period.

The Total livery is for as built in the late 1980s.

The KBA Barrier wagons as far as I am aware were only used for the LU stock moves. Someone on this Forum will no doubt be able to correct me if that is not the case.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards

Alex

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We wanted to share a photo showing the first completed tests for our weathered TEA/KBA wagons. We think they look very positive indeed.   

IMG_8906.jpg.71c73ec788cf4801626f71b91eccab34.jpg

Of course these are just samples to test the weathering technique that the factory will apply. The final models will be decorated correctly to match the prototype wagons as well as having differing chip and wear patterns to give a level of individuality to an assembled rake.

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi 

I totally back your idea of offering realistically weathered versions of the TEAs. In my opinion it is a vastly overlooked option that I think will find favour with a lot of modellors.  Personally speaking I would buy all mine weathered as long as there is a good variety on offer as opposed to just one or two. 

Stephen 

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TEA PAINTED SAMPLES

728457290_IMG_1415CL(1).png.f1a09ad4b429de4d025059b67bb9d0d1.png

Whilst it has taken longer than we would have liked to receive the painted samples of our TEAs and achieve the weathered finish, we are really happy to showcase the Total TEA, weathered TEA and KBA pre production samples.

1954465888_IMG_1405CL(1).png.1e9fb963c60e9a4bf6cd8fef0f9aa792.png

1876175409_IMG_1418CL(1).png.40d47a06a14b28b1f1b9c1d7c3117cc4.png

1038531291_IMG_1421CL(1).png.b7783d2909bec2123d93148501c8b9da.png

Visit our website for more information and images of the painted samples:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/tea-painted-samples

• Like 17