MMRG Exclusives 37026 Loch Awe Limited Edition

Lochnagar

So, the wait is over! This is to now officially launch our next Limited Edition locomotive, which is now live on our website mmrgexclusives.co.uk to express interest/pre-order. Link below which will hopefully work.

Once agin we have teamed up with Bachmann to offer another 1980s Scottish machine, class 37 No. 37026 Loch Awe in BR blue with Eastfield Highland terrier emblem, product code 32-779Z. This is a Limited Edition of 512 pieces produced exclusively for us, artwork has been approved late last year and the locos are due to be with us shortly during May. If we're lucky we might receive them by the Derby Roundhouse show, but no promises. The model will be to the current specification, 21 pin DCC ready with full head/tail and cab lighting, and will feature the correct 37/0 body tooling, plus specially redrawn Shawplan Extreme Etchings nameplates and an attractive numbered Limited Edition certificate. Please express your interest using the link below on our website mmrgexclusives.co.uk , enter your email address and once you have received our email, click on the supplied link to confirm. No cash up front, job done.

We will be in touch to take payment and your address details in full once the models arrive with us and have been packed ready for dispatch. 

The confirmed price will be £177.95 plus £5 P&P.

Those of you who have already filled in a paper order form, feel free to register again online.. although you don't have to. This is optional, either way we'll be in touch.

If you're having trouble with any aspect, email us at sales@mmrgexclusives.co.uk and we'll add you to the system manually. 

If you require a weathered, DCC fitted or Legomanbiffo DCC sound fitted model, please message me on here or any other means, facebook, instagram etc. I will be doing this to order, last year proved quite popular with 37114 weathering and sound fitting so please let me know in advance so I can pre order the decoders from Legomanbiffo. 

Custom work prices are as follows;

Weathering; £40 for a proper 'two stage' job, fitting etched nameplates and enclosed detail pack, wheel cleaning. 

DCC sound; £140. Legomanbiffo sound supplied and fitted. 

DCC standard decoder fitting; £35.00 

Class 37026 was built at English Electric's Vulcan foundry in 1961, as D6726 and initially allocated to Stratford shed. The locomotive was transferred between there and March depot until the beginning of it's Scottish career at Motherwell in January 1979. It moved to Eastfield in 1980 and was named Loch Awe at a ceremony at Glasgow Queen Street Station on 6th October 1981. Subsequently, it gained large logo blue livery in November 1985, along with a Scottish-style headlamp. It was reallocated to Motherwell in April 1986 and in July renumbered to 37320, also gaining the name Shapfell in place of Loch Awe. The locomotive briefly ventured south to Immingham in 1988, before returning to Motherwell a month later and in September 1989 was renumbered back to 37026. It moved to Tinsley in November 1990 where it gained Railfreight Distribution triple grey livery. Transferring to Crewe Diesel depot in 1994, it passed to Transrail and then EWS, before storage in 1996 - it being one of the many locomotives sidelined in the 'great EWS cull' replaced by the class 66s. It was withdrawn in January 1999 and cut up at Wigan CRDC in July 2000. 

The original pre production model is shown below, which has been approved after several minor tweaks and we're very happy with the result, the production models will be improved in several areas so if anything doesn't look quite right, we've sorted it! Research and livery details are to the same high standard as our previous 37114 Dunrobin Castle, it's all in the little details. Obviously this is a perfect compliment for Large logo 37114 or any Scottish layout from 1981-85. An added bonus is that you can easily turn this loco into most other split box blue machines from the period, Scottish, Welsh or English with very little work required, as this will be the first correct split box plain blue class 37 ever produced. 

As always many thanks for your support, and all profits from 37026 will be used to fund the urgent rebuilding of Mickleover Model Railway Group's clubrooms before the building starts the demolition process of it's own accord!  

Alex Carpenter

https://mmrgexclusives.co.uk/expressions-of-interest

IMG_7059.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7052.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7042.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Looks good Alex. Looking forward to it. You hinted on another thread that it might be possible to collect from DEMU if they arrive on time. Is that still the case?

PJ10

• Like 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Poor Old Bruce said:

Can I just comment that on the RMWeb home page the "Latest News" calls it 37926 (missed the 0 and hit the 9 instead!).

My apologies; a result of fat fingers on the mobile when I added the link. Now corrected.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Very nice Alex, but the price in my opinion, has now been pushed higher than what is acceptable for any Bachmann Class 37, be it a limited edition or otherwise.  Brand new tooling's of classes from other manufacturers can be purchased for less ie the Class 66 / Deltic and the SLW 24.

Others may well think differently, but I think you will struggle to sell 500 odd models at these prices, especially with the "flood" of Rep's Class 37's also due this year.

Best of luck, but I'm out..........

Regards

Ken

Just add a small white stripe along the body side...

it’ll refocus minds.

https://brucegalloway.zenfolio.com/p866763645/h2D428C41#h2d428c41

lee’s locos were offering working headlights too on 114, which would make sense here too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Waverley West said:

Nice, Alex. I'm interested, but the problem is, 37026 is already in service on Waverley West. Any renumbering suggestions anyone?

1995083858_370263.jpg.b98904be8af760135a8c08f77d5b8392.jpg

Cheers

Dave

37027 Eastfield ?

(see above post for link).

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 18:13, PJ10 said:

Looks good Alex. Looking forward to it. You hinted on another thread that it might be possible to collect from DEMU if they arrive on time. Is that still the case?

PJ10

Thanks. Yes, that's the plan! Saves postage.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Waverley West said:

Nice, Alex. I'm interested, but the problem is, 37026 is already in service on Waverley West. Any renumbering suggestions anyone?

1995083858_370263.jpg.b98904be8af760135a8c08f77d5b8392.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, basically LOTS! 37008-09x bar several 'non standard' nose end mods resulting from collision damage. Variations such as RSH grilles on a handful thrown into the mix, you can create most Scottish machines plus most others..add an orange cantrail or other depot logos etc. A trawl through Flickr will reveal lots of options, one of the main reasons I chose this model is that it can double up as a 'blank canvas' to create others. 

Alex

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Lochnagar said:

Thanks Dave, basically LOTS! 37008-09x bar several 'non standard' nose end mods resulting from collision damage. Variations such as RSH grilles on a handful thrown into the mix, you can create most Scottish machines plus most others..add an orange cantrail or other depot logos etc. A trawl through Flickr will reveal lots of options, one of the main reasons I chose this model is that it can double up as a 'blank canvas' to create others. 

Alex

Thanks Alex, you might just have persuaded me there. 

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi folks,

As you know, we received confirmation from Bachmann Europe Plc of a revised RRP of £177.95 last month, however, for the initial orders of 37026 we have chosen to maintain and honour the original price stated on our flyers and social media, which was £169.99. 

This will be the price shown for the pristine condition locos which will be available to purchase from our online shop, when stock arrives in due course. So get those pre orders in..

So there you go, I hope this keeps people happy!

As before, if you want a weathered or Biffo sound model, drop me a message and I'll add you to the list!

Alex

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 17/04/2019 at 00:02, shunny said:

Hi Alex 

Any info on delivery times? I notice Bachmann have 37s due this month and then another batch in Sep/Oct. Just wondering for budgeting if I need to keep back some funds if model due soon?

thanks

Hi, the nameplates have been sent to China this week from Shawplan, so things are on the move. It's due to be made any time now as far as I'm aware so I would expect something in around 7-8 weeks from now as a prospective delivery date. 

On another note the BGs are now on the ship..

Alex

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

See you at DEMU this weekend, team MMRG Exclusives will be there on the ABC Workshops stand, so come over and have a chat. We'll have the production samples of 37026 fresh in, so you'll be able to see these 'in the plastic'. Also the Eastfield BG will be on sale or to collect and pay for your pre-orders. 

Hope to see some of you there.

Alex

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Did anyone get any kind of confirmation of their order? I sent mine in last October and have heard nothing since and knowing Royal Mail I don’t want to find my order never arrived!  Has MMRG sent confirmation emails?

If it was a paper form then no, we'll just email you or call when they're in stock ready to ship. They're still on the ship, due during July..so keep checking this thread and if you haven't heard anything from us by the end of July then check the webshop and you can buy on there. https://mmrgexclusives.co.uk/

Alex

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Loch Awe has arrived today. Quality checks are passed and all systems go!

If you have already registered interest in 37026 (32-779Z) then look out for an email link to our website within the next week or two. If you don't get one then just visit mmrgexclusives.co.uk and purchase as usual when the product appears on the website, easy! 

If you require a weathered model drop me a line..

Many thanks for your support!

Alex

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_7059.jpg

Edited by Lochnagar
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, young37215 said:

Got an e-mail today, order placed. Awaiting the beast with great expectations.

Only 1 issue to resolve, I already have 37026 and cannot make my mind up about what to renumber it as

Thank you! Lots of potential with or without minor tweaks. Main thing is to avoid the flush boiler roof panel as found on 37096 onwards.

Alex