Stow Rail 2019

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

STOW RAIL Railway Exhibition 2019

http://www.stowrail.org.uk1551222540_StowP1330784.JPG.0fe3431b837e6ef78ddbe92c1096b973.JPG

This cake-friendly show takes place on 19 May from 10:30am to 4:30pm in the middle of Stow - the shopping Mecca of the Cotswolds...

The show is a fund raiser for Action Medical Research and last year raised over £2000.

The venue is the superb St Edwards Hall where we are overlooked by some superb artworks...

LAYOUTS

“Coleford” – John Wilkes. 009, narrow gauge, Forest of Dean, UK

“Gare de Brindille” – Chris Hopper. SM32, narrow gauge, WDLR somewhere on the Western Front.

“Lesobeng” – Paul Spray. Narrow gauge, set in the mountains of Lesotho (southern Africa)

“Allerdale” – Matthew Wathen. O gauge scale for 15” gauge light agricultural railway.

“Gleisbau Bitterfeld” – Eric Bird. HO, standard gauge, somewhere in Germany.

“Jager Strassenbahn” – Andrew Hunt. Trams, also somewhere in Germany.

“Gunpoint” – Roger Davies. HO, standard gauge, modern era somewhere in USA.

“Stow Falls” – the StowRail team. ON30, narrow gauge, in the Rocky Mountains.

The Cakes Stow Rail 2018.JPG

The Colonel Stow Rail 2018.JPG

Stow P1330782.JPG

Edited by Gilbert

As can be seen in the photographs this exhibition takes place in what is not the usual sort of venue. Indeed, I know of no other where one operates a layout (I have been an exhibitor twice) under the gaze of a full size au naturel portrait of she who described herself as "the Protestant whore". Said picture is (fourth shot above) off camera and high above to the right of self in shirtsleeves and braces.

Sadly I shall not be able to attend this year as a visitor - I am booked elsewhere.

CP