I’ve lurked on here for a while, and have taken the plunge in planning a wagon repair yard. Era will be BR blue( late) and I have got a sound equipped class 25 which I really like. Before I take the plunge into DCC wiring (gulp) I’m a bit stuck on my choices I have two possible options, one with a scenic break of a steel factory and one that is a bit more open and less cluttered. Overall size will be 4x2 . Views please! 

E9238B1F-1BE2-4D48-9E14-4766655539B4.jpeg

8591A877-1E59-4AA8-9AD7-533993F5A0FE.jpeg

921D097C-E6A8-42F4-AD65-CB07C6B79D06.jpeg

• Like 5

I think that the steel factory idea works well otherwise what would you fill that space with given your track layout?

Experts have been known to differ however Lol

looking forward to seeing how this develops...

regards John.

• Agree 1

Looks a good project.

The track layout reminds me of C.C.Crump's Wagon Works at Connahs Quay, except that the 2 tracks in front of the repair shed at that location formed an "in" and "out" loop connection to the main line (Another possible way of hiding the fiddle entrance if it were arranged that way), with a headshunt at the left end (in your photos) feeding the whole site. Horses for courses of course!

That location latterly (early 90s) was usually full of tank wagon bodies and wheelsets, with PW wagon bodies being fabricated and fitted to the overhauled chassis. But a great variety of wagons could be seen in for repair including an ECC bulk China Clay bogie wagon on at least one occasion.

Will follow along with interest.

Martyn.

It’s a Metcalfe building which I think is now discontinued. I think I may use a double tunnel entrance and the steel works will only be used for static display of a wagon or two that is a delivery

The main action will be on the wagon works. 

Further progress, the baseboard is built and I am still mulling over things like backscene and maybe how to hide the entrance

I guess a bridge is usual, but I’m wondering with the factory as a view blocker whether to jus5 go for a blue background with a hole cut.

Choices and decisions!

D146CADE-E08A-4298-92A0-E1FB5D3F171F.jpeg

• Like 3