Macclesfield Model Railway Group Exhibition 9th/10th March 2019

BigAndy

It's this coming weekend folks.

March 9th and 10th Macclesfield - with possibly the best canteen food on the exhibition circuit!

Dates + times:

Saturday 9th March 2019 10:00 – 17:00                                                        *Myself (BigAndy) and the rest of the 'Glasgow Queen St (EM)' team will also be there with a demo stand and exhibiting stock to date for the layout*

Sunday 10th March 2019 10:00 – 16:30

Venue:

Tytherington High School
Manchester Road
Macclesfield
SK10 2EE

Prices: £6:00 Accompanied Children (under 16) Free
Excellent Refreshments

Level Access

Free Classic Bus service running from Macclesfield Railway Station to the venue

Free Parking

“Thomas” Layout for Children to Drive

Member’s Sales Stand

LAYOUTS ATTENDING:                                                                                                        

Amalgamated Wagon Works O

Bellwether Works OO

Blueish 3mm TT

Bodger Creek and Northern ON30

Camel Quay OO

Canalside Ironworks 1:50

Freshwater EM

Gravelly Oak N

Happy Valley OO

Melrose End OO

Outwell Village OO

Pevel Depot OO

Porth Wenn OO

Tunley Marsh N

Weaver’s Hill OO

Westbrook N

Wolfe Lowe O

TRADE SUPPORT:

ABC Model Railways

Axminster Tools

Bespoke Signs & Print

Booklaw Publications

Country Park Models

Country Scenes & Trees

Direct Train Spares

Highlane Models

MMRG Members’ Sales

North Western Models

Powerbond

S.M.T.F.

Sweets of Yesteryear

The Junction Box

• RMweb Premium

Also from fellow members at Stafford Railway Circle  will be our EM layout Freshwater.

A very busy weekend for Stafford club members with two layouts at Macclesfield and three layouts at Wombourne in the West Midlands 

Eltel 

0B669CF4-53E7-4A59-ACCB-C2F817DFB085.jpeg

8E12D855-B8A0-4E0C-BFDD-4093726C6AF6.jpeg

E99E3951-A5AF-4259-AC63-FB748ADA1A81.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

im going to pop in sunday afternoon, got a job in the morning finishing at toton at 11:00 and google maps is telling me 1:45 to get to macclesfield via ashbourne and leek so should give me enough time for a good nose before closing time 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The layouts from Stafford Railway Circle Camel Quay & Freshwater are all set up and ready for a weekend of enjoying the wonderful hobby of railway modelling..

Do come along and support the Macclesfield club with the 2019 exhibition.

Eltel 

18 hours ago, big jim said:

im going to pop in sunday afternoon, got a job in the morning finishing at toton at 11:00 and google maps is telling me 1:45 to get to macclesfield via ashbourne and leek so should give me enough time for a good nose before closing time 

Just watch for the plethora of speed cameras in the middle of nowhere, and 3 sets in Waterhouses, on the A52 Ashbourne to Leek. Max speed on that stretch is 50mph with various bits down to 30 and 40 and they enforce them. Of course if you use this road regularly you'll already know of them.

Phil T. (ex Derby resident and regular Macc show attendee)  

5 minutes ago, Phil Traxson said:

Just watch for the plethora of speed cameras in the middle of nowhere, and 3 sets in Waterhouses, on the A52 Ashbourne to Leek. Max speed on that stretch is 50mph with various bits down to 30 and 40 and they enforce them. Of course if you use this road regularly you'll already know of them.

Phil T. (ex Derby resident and regular Macc show attendee)  

Is your memory going Phil? If you do "use this road regularly", you'll know it becomes the A523 after the A52 turns off the Stoke west of Swinscoe.

• RMweb Gold

dunno if im gonna make it now, my train should have left wellingborough an hour ago and is still stood there, will have to see how quick toton can deal with me and then assess the weather "over the tops" as its been sleety right the away across the A50 between crewe and loughborough so i dont fancy the higher road back to macclesfield