Two unaccompanied (overgrown) children sneak into Hornby Visitors' Centre

Andy Y

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 11/03/2019 at 09:06, AY Mod said:

Strewth! I wonder how long that does take!

I can tell you doing the rail replacement all stns from Shrewsbury to Newport South Wales takes around 3 and a half hours.

Shrewsbury to Llandudno junction all stns takes around 3 hours and 45 mins.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 12/04/2019 at 22:23, PanzerJohn said:

The best was Minic Motorway where you could combine road and rail. The set where you can drive cars onto the rail transporter and then drive the train away was awesome for it's time.

I had a large (8 feet by 6 feet) five lane figure of eight minic race track which I ran using a transformer per lane and four cars on each lane with races being started by turning the mains plug on. I did not use the push throttles just had the transformer set so the cars did not come off the track. Fastest cars at the back and stopped the race if a car started pushing the car in front to put the car being pushed one track length being the faster car. A top stock car lap scorer said it was harder to lap score than a real stock car race! Great fun! 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Minic was great. I had a figure of 8 with racing E Type Jag and a white and red car (can't remember what it was). It was on acquiring the Green line Double Decker bus at age 6 that I learned an important lesson. Bridges have to be higher than what passes under them!

Scalextric took over , but in a lot of ways with integration between road and rail Minic was actually the system that had more fun potential. Level crossings, road railers etc

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • AY Mod unpinned this topic