LokSound 5 English Manual

Hamburger

I received my Loksound 5 XLs last saturday and translated the German pdf manual myself, using google translate..

Funnily enough, it shows exactly the same overlaying of the date text on the front and the column misalignment in various tables..

Nice to have a single-file version though, I had to split it in to four sections to get the translator to accept it.

1 hour ago, gooderz said:

What I can't understand with ESU, is why they don't have an English version straight away given most of their sales will be outside of Germany

What I can't understand is why British/American companies can't be bothered to write manuals in other languages, given that many of their sales could be to speakers of other languages.

ESU is a small firm, not a multi-national with hundreds of employees.   I'd expect most of their staff work in German, so write things in German first.   English manual will come along eventually. 

- Nigel

Edited by Nigelcliffe

8 hours ago, Nigelcliffe said:

What I can't understand is why British/American companies can't be bothered to write manuals in other languages, given that many of their sales could be to speakers of other languages.

ESU is a small firm, not a multi-national with hundreds of employees.   I'd expect most of their staff work in German, so write things in German first.   English manual will come along eventually. 

- Nigel

The English ESU Booklet will come from Matt Herman (ESU America) when time permits.

Charlie (www.dckits-devideos.co.uk)