Poll for Indian Railway Models

MGR Hooper!

Poll for Indian Railway Models  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in basic Indian Railway kits?

• Yes in OO scale (1:76)
    • Yes in HO scale (1:87)
    • Yes in N scale (1:160)

• 2 months later...
On 01/06/2019 at 14:19, MGR Hooper! said:

We're actually working on a YP and YG kit in HO scale (to run on 12mm gauge track).

If you're really interested then that's a good thing for us 

Cheers

I had a good cab ride on a YP from Trichy to somewhere in the middle of nowhere back in 1987. Lovely loco to ride on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roythebus said:

I had a good cab ride on a YP from Trichy to somewhere in the middle of nowhere back in 1987. Lovely loco to ride on.

Never managed a cab-ride in a YP, but I did manage a cab-ride on a WP in Mysore in 2002 or 2003. The YP was on display in the museum just outside the station though. Had a good look around.

• 3 months later...
On 01/06/2019 at 14:07, jhb171achil said:

I'd love to have a model of a YP and a YG.....

I had a couple of cab rides on the YPs back in 1987, and a cab ride on the Nilgri Hills line 9steam of course). :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lantavian said:

Make a kit for a USATC S118 (3'0"/metre/3'6")

It was used in India (one loco is preserved there), Greece (one preserved), Africa, Malaya, Burma, Australia (two preserved), and the United States. (Two surviving).

Australia and the United States are two big HOn.3.5/HOn3 markets, so you might sell more there than for Indian modellers.

Would love to, but the lack of suitable chassis for it means that's going to be a big no. In terms of Indian Railways steam locomotives, the only ones we intend to produce are the WP and a small variety of generic NG locomotives which we know there's mechanisms to use with.

We've already designed a YP and YG in 1;76 scale for a client of ours. Whether he intends on selling the kit is another story.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

12 hours ago, Lantavian said:

What chassis will you use?

We were at that time hoping to have a easy-build chassis developed. But the supplier for wheels has since gone bust. And we've not found a suitable alternative yet.

Therefore we've chosen to only model prototypes where a chassis is easily available off the shelf or second hand.

• 3 months later...