phil gollin

Kernow Model Rail Centre to open a brand new model railway shop in Guildford, Surrey

Posted (edited)

Kernow Model Rail Centre Branches Out, bucking the trend a new model railway shop to open

March 9, 2019 by grahammuz  The Kernow Model Rail Centre have announced this morning that they are to open a brand new model railway shop in Guildford, Surrey.  ......

https://grahammuz.com/

Due to open 1st May.

(As I live reasonably nearby this is excellent news.)

(Oh !  and as it means they will now be near the South West Mainline  -  they will have an excuse to release a 4-COR ! )

Edited by phil gollin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Fantastic news, between this new branch and Alton Model centre I'm now going to have two quality model shops relatively close by.

Pete

• Like 2

Sorry out of my modelling era so my wallet breathes a sigh of relief but i can't quite tell which scale it is?

sorry someone had to say it!

mark

• Funny 5

Hello everyone

It is great to see good news about a shop opening - and particularly that it is Kernow, with Chris Trerise and his team building on his hard work and enterprise.

I wish Kernow every success with the venture!

Brian

• Like 2
  • Agree 10

Bliddy long commute each day for them Kernow boys and maids. They also will need to learn the local language.:clapping:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Superb news!! Welcome to the area guys look forward to paying you a visit once open, I'll prepare the wallet haha :)

Excellent news -could do a 7plank wagon to celebrate -Mitchell of Guildford 7 plank as in Montague's Wagons of Gloucester Wagon Company!

Nice news, this must mean that the Camborne 'quart in a pint pot' has finally burst its banks and a Home Counties strategic reserve has been brought into commission.

• Agree 3

Oddly Google highlights the location with a store called 'loco' which happens to be part of NISA independent Grocers - I presume the shop next door has maybe recently changed hands too but what an interesting coincidence.

Are there any decent pasty shops nearby?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The Royal Mail Postcode Finder gives GU1 4HT as the postcode for 75b Stoke Road, Guildford.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Nice news, this must mean that the Camborne 'quart in a pint pot' has finally burst its banks and a Home Counties strategic reserve has been brought into commission.

Shame they couldn't have relocated to the West Midlands.;)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well done CT.Smart move this.Will put Guildford on the map.Trust catering arrangements for the RMweb Hospitality Suite are underway.:yahoo:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Shame they couldn't have relocated to the West Midlands.;)

Somewhere WSW of Bham by any chance? That would have been nice. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Coincidentally and somewhat slightly irrelevantly, (and irreverently), Guildford has just come top of a Zoopla survey for the highest number of £1million plus houses in the UK, and 5th highest average house price, so well done to Mr Trerice for excellent market research, there's money to be had in the area!

Mike.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Buckner said:

The Royal Mail Postcode Finder gives GU1 4HT as the postcode for 75b Stoke Road, Guildford.

Beat me to it as I searched the postcode and ended up in Aldershot......:D

• Informative/Useful 1

Andertons guitar superstore .....Kernow models and a daughter who lives a few miles away .....grandkids both liking model trains ...mmmmmmm

• Like 1

Looks like I might occasionally be late home after an early shift!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kris said:

Are there any decent pasty shops nearby?

Not yet.....

Best of luck to Chris & the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Coincidentally and somewhat slightly irrelevantly, (and irreverently), Guildford has just come top of a Zoopla survey for the highest number of £1million plus houses in the UK, and 5th highest average house price, so well done to Mr Trerice for excellent market research, there's money to be had in the area!

Mike.

You dont get much either .My daughters house  about 20 miles from Guildford  is  well over 500,000 and is not much much bigger than a postage stamp.She longs to move back to Norfolk and buy a mansion house with a few acres ,room for a pony and a karting track  .....Ha ha

• Friendly/supportive 1

Kernow a ten minute walk away. Wow.

4 hours ago, phil gollin said:

Fish and chip shop just up the road !

I was wondering what the reference to fish and chip shops and bike shops in the recent Kernow emails was about.

See, I do read them, honest. Even the bad jokes. :P

Jason