Companies or people who repair kit built locos?

I have a couple of whitemetal kit built locos that require new pick-ups and sorting out to get them running smoothly. It is quite beyond me; I have tried and not made a good job of it! Any recommendations or offers?

Whenever I purchase a secondhand loco that isn't up to snuff, I take it to my local model shop for a service.  I forget how much they charge, but it can't be much  ....otherwise I'd definitely remember!!   Do you maybe have a model shop nearby that could help similarly?  

• RMweb Gold

Without a doubt such people, charging reasonably, could make a minor living if maybe not a killing. I suspect this hobby is full of models that are “nearly there”. My particular skeleton is a brass coach that needs seriously soldering where it partly came to pieces when I knocked out a dent. The ebay seller correctly declared it had fallen and been damaged, and I paid a quarter the usual price.  

• RMweb Premium

You could try getting to an exhibition where Tony Wright (of this parish) is having his surgery stand, and you can add to his CRUK fund pot....

Andy G

• Agree 3