WDLR 009, simplified Vox Vire Yard

scots region

Hello all, I've been working on a 4x2 009 layout of one of the War Department Light Railways, inspired partly by SDJR88's efforts with his Amiens based layout and by archive photos of the transfer yards and field depots, particularly Vox Vire yard, which was a wagon breaking dump between Woeste and Poperinge in Flanders. The idea was to have one side of the layout as a loading yard/field hospital and then the other side as an offloading point and ambulance station.

1342585614_009oval.jpg.8d43ebdca871c53b791d4046bfd020a9.jpg

This was to be the plan, since then I've made a few 'field modifications', for one I've deleted the standard gauge section, not enough room and I've moved the yard sidings to the front of layout. leaving me with this. 

SAM_1284.JPG.a8332f4acb3600f070c71b8efb299a15.JPG

Can you spot the mistake? Yes I know its unfinished, but an obvious d'oh moment occurred to me during testing, the power track, bottom right, can't provide power to the rear loop section. Fortunately I have some spare wire to solder up a connection, I can't remember though, should I solder a connection to each rail? I know that one rail receives continuous power and the other only powers a section. And is it safe to solder directly from the power track to the other sections or should I use a power bus? There's probably obvious answers to both, but I've never done this before and thought it better to ask. 

SAM_1287.JPG.9e4146ff3704cf6471f0da5a2dbcd108.JPG

Using that most complex of identifying tools, my finger, this line is to be the rear facing siding as per the plan. To be honest I'm starting to question if this plan is too complex and should just be a simple siding. For extra space the track is meant to curve at both ends. 

SAM_1289.JPG.f93b983c64b9bc2dd7e355ccabc7a322.JPG

And here is the other end of the siding section, this will also require a power link. 

So what are your thoughts? 

ScR