Porthmadog Model Railway Exhibition

narrowman

1st - 2nd May 2010

Porthmadog Model Railway Group - Porthmadog Model Railway Exhibition

Canolfan Hamdden Glaslyn (Glaslyn Leisure) Centre, nr Railway Station, Porthmadog, Gwynedd

Anyone going?

Does anyone know the exhibitors list?

Regards,

Narrowman

1st - 2nd May 2010

Canolfan Hamdden Glaslyn (Glaslyn Leisure) Centre, nr Railway Station, Porthmadog, Gwynedd

Anyone going?

Regards,

Narrowman

We are making a flying visit with the Stealth Bomber (Crumley & Little Wickhill)!!

There is a list back at the clubrooms... Can't remember specific layouts but there was a mix of familiar names and a few we hadn't heard of...

From what I can decipher from my photocopy of the floor plan there are :-

St. Jean Sur Mare 'G'

Somerwood 'G'

Hookers Junction '1/12th'

Porth Penrhyn '00/009'

The Works 'Gn15'

Calstock (Cotehele) '0-16.5'

Hayesden '0-16.5'

Bad Heidrechstein 'HOe'

Bronaber Sidings '5.5mm/1ft'

Martens Valley Rly. '3/8th in'

Mannin Middle '00n3'

Kington Regis '009'

Overkill '0n30'

Stanton Lacy '009'

??? 5.5mm/1ft

Crumley & Little Wickhill '009'

Plus a range of traders covering most narrow gauge scales that the layouts cover, scenics, books etc. preservation society stands and demo's.

Hope this helps and perhaps see some of you there. (With my traders hat on)

Phil T.

1st - 2nd May 2010

Anyone going?

Regards,

Narrowman

Yes and yes-I will be stewarding there, but the prize layout is the Stealth Bomber!!

• RMweb Gold

had an enjoyable hour at the show earlier, i think derby must have been empty today, trainlines, mike bellamy, derby scenics!!

took my mum and stepdad with me, mum was happy, she got some tools for her dolls house and scrapbooking hobbies

• RMweb Premium

i think derby must have been empty today, trainlines, mike bellamy, derby scenics!!

Plus Phil Traxson was there with Port Wynnstay Models, Paul Martin from EDM Models is originally from Derby and Joanna from the Portmadog club is another from Derby so that makes at least 6 that I know of :O

Mike

• 6 months later...

does anyone know why the show is cancelled in 2011, seems such a shame as 2010 was such a success and 2011 will be big due to it being the year that the WHR opens through...

I can only guess that it is a problem with the venue as Vaughan has informed me that 2012 is to be in a new venue ,yet to be announced, and on a new date.

Phil T.

I can only guess that it is a problem with the venue as Vaughan has informed me that 2012 is to be in a new venue ,yet to be announced, and on a new date.

Phil T.

There are a number of external factors affecting this decision which has been taken, including the venue as well as others.

Archived